First pics of my KLEIN Rascal

Void(EN12-82)

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all,

Just finished putting them decals on my KLEIN... it's a Rascal from 1991 and paint was a bit bad, so I had it redone in white and wanted to let some airbrush dude go at it :) Well, I changed my mind because after I put on these decals (although they ain't time-right for a 1991 model) I must say that I like it....

rascal01.jpg

It's also got the fork and MC1 that I'm gonna use to build it up... have some NOS XT thumbies too. Only the fork's steerer is a bit too long, I could use spacers of course :p :D But I think I'll swap it with someone for a shorter one. Maybe someone in here needs a steerer (approx. 24cm length)... My thought was to go for a "black & white" theme :cool: :idea:

Nice!
Paint and decals look great.

Shim that MC right up under your nose and have a proper 'handlebar moustache' :idea:

Hehehe... yeah or get it up high like those chopper dudes have :cool: :twisted:

(won't be a success in loose sand riding, though)

Well thats made my decision easier with if to pain the cannondale white or not, looks fantastic mate, think you made the right decision to keep it like that. Will look very nice built up.

;) Knew white was best .

would that steerer fit an bonty crown RS-1 fork by any chance :?:

retrobikeguy":26v682fe said:
would that steerer fit an bonty crown RS-1 fork by any chance :?:

Dunno... it's a 1" threaded and about 24cm long. For my little midget-sized Rascal I think about 13 or 14 cm would be enough... I either have two options: my LBS told me it would be possible to get more thread on it and cut it to length or I could swap it here with someone who might have a 1" 14cm steerer for this fork and needs a longer one.

Aren't that Bonty crown and the Tange the same more or less? Maybe safest (for me) would be to have it threaded to length? That way I don't need to take the fork apart...

BTW: How do you measure the steerer length for a frame? Is that just (head-tube-length)+(stack-of-headset)=(steerer-length-required) :?:

looks lovely... but where the hell did that fork come from!!!! :shock: the steerer is massive!!! must be atleast a foot long! im guseeing a 45" frame for some giant! lol!!!

LTS Biker":3695apph said:
I think it will be a pain in the as* to get the cables in the frame, or do you have help?

Yes I have some help, but my shrink is not sure if anything can still be repaired inside me... but it won't hurt trying (damn I wish I was normal!) :shock: :cool:

But erm... regarding them cables? Haven't tried yet but I'm a very patient and relaxed dude so I'll get it done. And the holes arent that small... I also saw a thread in here that gave a lot of tips. When I get some outer cables we'll see how it goes (right now I am waiting for my BB, XT crank and Onza HO brakes from the US to arrive).

Back