My Dynatech.

passiflora

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Just purchased this Torus :D

Also have original forks but they will need work

Frame is quite scratched but love the purple colour so my options are

1) Touch in the scratches and Cover with Clear Lacquer. Cheapest option.

2) Strip back to titanium and polish and lacquer.

3) Powder Coating.

4) Anodising.

So what does everyone think?.....

And colours....colours...colours

A couple of questions.

If I strip the paint what's the best way of doing this, would I use some sort of paint stripper?.

My fork options are the original Dynatech ones!. Or maybe Pace RC36. It currently has a disc break on. But not convinced I should keep this

So how retro should I go!. I also have the wheels the bike had when new, but these would need work, & the titanium handlebars.

Finally should I go for thumbies? Or Sti?.

Anyway Some pictures.

Maybe some kind soul could attach a poll for me, as to the frame finish and colour!.

Attachments

• Torus Dynatech compressed.JPG
    Torus Dynatech compressed.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 844
  • Chainstay.JPG
    Chainstay.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 844
  • Top tube.JPG
    Top tube.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 844
  • Dynatech sticker.JPG
    Dynatech sticker.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 844
Don't think I'd re-paint as it looks ok to me. Patina is good! :cool:

I'd go full retro with period parts. Thumbies would be my choice as they're so easy to set up and use.

I just stripped a dynatech. Used Nitromors on the main sections but resorted to sand paper around the tube joins. ;)

Nice! Yeah the paint looks good, if it was me though I'd probably repaint it in some funky colour anyway!
Get some nice period trick bits on it I think, it's always nice when you see period correct parts :cool:

brocklanders023":362rkk0t said:
Used Nitromors on the main sections but resorted to sand paper around the tube joins. ;)

I've just done the same, masked the joins off very well and hit it will the paint stripper. Came out a treat!

Back