1996 Litespeed Obed...progress?

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
The build begins....sorry for the crapola photos..fluro lights at work.

So...what have I got so far?

Very nice condition 96 Obed..new decals in hand but I might change the colours a little bit to consolodate the green theme.
Maybe change the blue top tube flash to green?

Green CK headset...NOS green Hope Ti skewers...and a green Salsa Lip Lock on its way.
Wheels are NOS Hugi hubs on NOS Ceramic 217's.

I have modern Avid Ultimate Black Ops V brakes and matching stem.

Forks....currently Manitou 1's ..but they just arn't floating my boat. Think this needs late RC30's or early RC31's......or maybe modern Fox F80RL's if I get then at the right price.

Seat-post...duno yet but I think black rather than silver or Ti.

Cranks...just bought some RS7's ...so they will probably go on but....my first build idea was town and country gearing. Middleburn Duo up front and single Ti cog at the rear with Paul Comps Melvin taking up the slack.
Still undecided.

Anyway...a few bad pictures and any comments appreciated
:D

Stuffforsale399.jpg

Stuffforsale405.jpg

Stuffforsale400.jpg

Stuffforsale401.jpg

Stuffforsale406.jpg

Stuffforsale407.jpg

Stuffforsale397.jpg

Them wheels are beauties, I like the Manitou 1's one it ,would go with a silver seatpost to match up with the silver on the forks. Upto you though bud :cool:

The Manitou 1 forks are nice but whats the point on a ti frame and parts if the fork weighs a ton? get a ti or light fork on there fella!

Woody":3hqn8w16 said:
Them wheels are beauties, I like the Manitou 1's one it ,would go with a silver seatpost to match up with the silver on the forks. Upto you though bud :cool:

I'll try a Ti one on it to see what it looks like....need to get some tyres on it to evaluate the look so far I guess

kase1983":3g2htq1t said:
The Manitou 1 forks are nice but whats the point on a ti frame and parts if the fork weighs a ton? get a ti or light fork on there fella!

:LOL: They are surprisingly not that heavy, and I had them in the cave so thought I would try them...but yeh....rigid would be best I feel.
RC30's or RC31's I reckon

yeah, id stick RC31 carbon forks on it matey. pick them up at a good price.

i have them on the moots!

saltyman":x0w7cpy1 said:
yeah, id stick RC31 carbon forks on it matey. pick them up at a good price.

i have them on the moots!

If I can find some of the early ones with the 'radiator' crown (I think it is called) then yes...or late RC30's....they seem to be going for crazy money now.

Whilst those forks are painfully beautiful, you need a titanium fork on there.

Back