My Kestrel CSX

TracyP

Dirt Disciple
Here's a pic of my Kestrel CSX. Purchased her while working at The Bike Shop in Hawaii while on shore duty. I think the frame is a 95.

DSC00342.JPG

Frame-Kestrel CSX
Fork-Control Tech Lawwill Leader 3
Headset-Chris King Rasta
Stem-Profile Stiffy
Handlebar-Profile Carbon Fiber
Grips-ODI Yeti
Brakes-Magura Race Line
Shifters-Shimano 8sp XT pods
Front Derailleur-Shimano XTR
Rear Derailleur-Shimano XTR
Cassette-Shimano XTR
Chain-Sachs SC80
Cranks-Kooka DH
Chainrings-Shimano XTR
Bottom Bracket-White Industries
Pedals-Speedplay Frogs
Quick Releases-Critical Racing Ti
Rims-Mavic 217
Hubs-Ringle Super 8 rear, Ringle Super Bubba front
Tyres-CST Caballero
Saddle-SDG Ventura Comp
Seatpost-USE suspension
Weight-?

I just pulled her out of storage, can't wait to swap out the tires and hit the local trails.

Loving it! It has a real stateside look about it, especially with the lawill forks!

"Shore duty"... USN by any chance?

Yes I'm in the Navy, even got to visit merry old England because of it back in the early 90's.

Thanks for the compliments. :D

Picture of the other side. Put some off road tyres on her yesterday and took her for a spin down some fire roads. It was a blast! :D

DSC00350.JPG

nice blue ringle bits, and nice to see a bit of UK eningeering with the seatpost :)
looks fast and light

suppose staying in Hawaii makes up for being posted to the UK! it's where my Kona and I should be :LOL:

Did you ever get over to the store in Haleiwa (can't remember the name), I was there in '98 and they had the most impressive collection of boutique frames and parts I've ever seen. It was a real Aladdin's cave...(or should that be garage?)

I checked it out again in '03 but sadly all the old stuff had disappeared, still a great store though.

Neil

Back