PACE RC200 F1

Crantinope

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Pace Fan
Feedback
View
Thought I would post the (painfully) slow progress of this one.

1st picture is what greeted me last June (2009) :evil: , and yes the rest of the bike was wrapped in that too!!!!!!, no box, no padding, just plastic bags & nylon sacking
I suppose on opening it up, it didn't really matter as the rest of it was rather sorry too (see the other pics). Forks were damaged, things were a bit rusty, seatpost was stuck too. Good quality wheelset & hope brakes were the good parts though.

Here's part of what I wrote to the seller:

Hi Paul,
I have attached a few photos where I feel an accurate description should have been given in the ebay listing to give buyers a true reflection of the actual condition of the item for sale. As previously mentioned, I think it was incorrect to list the item as MINT in the headline description due to the areas of the bike where the condition had deteriorated. In addition to these, the seatpost is jammed, and the front brake disc rotor is slightly bent. These are certainly areas I would like to have been made aware of before committing to a purchase of this value.

Anyhow I paid £477 for the bike and i recieved £235 comp for the damage as it was his works regular Courier. Add to that selling the wheels, brakes, shifters, Flite, bars & a few other bits, the frame cost me about £30.
The last pic is the current state of affairs, just deciding whether to polish, re-anodise or (sacrilege) spray.
Will try to update when poss.

Cheers...Nick

4458608318_e7a2de7acc_b.jpg

Forks were 81mm when I got them!!!!
4458610464_c14c806ffc_b.jpg

4457830615_c4dee92c64_b.jpg

4458610038_c0b6dc5bec_b.jpg

4457843517_fa1709f3d3_b.jpg

4457833883_2c001e6c9e_b.jpg

4447305327_d46611e195_b.jpg

looks nasty to start with, but is looking fine in the last picture. I look forward for seeing more. Also pace frame for £30...after all the heartache of the original delivery...you have still done well!

No box! I can't believe it was even shipped like that. :x

Still, it does look stunning in that last pic, just can't quite make out the cranks??

He could have gone to his local bike shop and got a free bike box!!! that what i did when i sold my pace frame and i bubble wrapped it, just like everyone else would have done on retro bikes i suppose

GT-Steve
Still, it does look stunning in that last pic, just can't quite make out the cranks??

The cranks are brand new XTR M960's, although i'm kinda thinking I would prefer some Middleburn RS8's with BLACK 4 arm spider & GREY rings, so these could be for sale soon.

In addition to the stuck (now removed) seatpost, there is another 4 1/2 inches of a different seatpost stuck in the seat tube :evil: :evil:
The keener eyed among you will also notice that the rear brake mounts have been removed & been replaced with a disc tab :?
I am currently waiting for Vernon at Vernonbikes to confirm he can reverse this for me.
Oh well, at least the wheels are done... :D

Cheers...Nick

I agree, go for the middleburn, i used an RS7 on my Pace also IMHO i would go for V brakes noty disc brakes, i have some XT V brakes on my Clockwork and they are trully fantastic when set up right and they are lighter than disc brakes, i used Magruras on the Pace but what a farse in the arse, NEVER EVER again.

After a very sorry start this Pace is clearly getting well loved now by you Nick rather than its last owner :evil: . Lovely!! looking forward to the updates.

Kestonian":3219wk8i said:
Looking nice

You know you want to anodise it green ....

I'd like to see this as well...

Pretty cheeky describing that as mint, let alone the packaging. Glad you got compensation and it's now in good hands.

Back