1992 Specialized Stumpjumper - Finished!

EarlofBarnet

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well, after a cheeky eBay bid, I've now purchased my first 'proper' retro bike.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Surely can't be too bad for £15 plus (expensive) p&p?

I'll have a proper look over the frame and forks when they land. From the picture, it appears that the paint has come off in a few areas, so the likelyhood is that it'll need stripped and re-painted. No real problem though, it's all part of the fun.

I'll try and be true to year with the rebuild, unless it proves impractical not too. It'll stay rigid though and it will get rode come summer :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nice. I was watching this in my ebay but was put off with the hassle of potential rust issues. If that's not as bad as my paranoid state thought it might be that's a bargain price.

Some nice build threads on other people stumpies on here if you need inspiration. I'd keep it simple and it should make an awesome light steel bike.

I'll have to see how it looks when it lands. A bit of surface corrosion should be ok (especially once blasted for painting). I can always treat any areas prior to painting too. Fingers crossed!

I could do with identifying the year of the frame if anyone knows (no frame number as yet). I think it'll be 1992-1994 ish? Pre-aluminium Stumpies anyway which were 1995 ish? Then I can see what groupset to go for.

Quite excited about it :)

cchris2lou":1c902102 said:
actually it is a 1991 i think .

Well to be honest, you probably know better than I do :cool: Looks a hell of a lot like one a mate had BITD, I thought it was '92 but I could easily be out by a year!

Rich :D

Back