1993 Kona Hot (TET 591)

mousemat

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Finally after owning the frame for quite a while now I'm finally getting round to doing something with it. Bought the frame off GearlessInSeattle what seems like an age ago. I had been looking for a Teesdale Hot for a while and this one came with the added bonus of a lovely titanium O-Beam seat post. The frame has a rather odd old disc mount adapter welded to the non driveside seat stay, looks like an old Hayes mount and I'm going to get it removed. The frame is a mix of Tange Ultimate with the fluted Ultrastrong down tube.

Next step is to get the frame, forks and stem repainted so it's off to Argos. They are going to remove the disc mount and match the frame colour which is more orangy than it looks in the pictures. A fresh set of 93 decals will go on and then I'll get building. As well as the ti O-Beam I have a Kona 150 ti bar and a race light saddle as well as a fresh pair of A:\Drive & B:\Drive tyres. For the moment the rest of the build is XTR M900 with the obligatory XT thumbies.

Some pictures below of how she looks now, next update when she's back form the painters.

IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

Nice project, that disk mount is pretty interesting! I love old home brew mods (if that's what it is :) )

Teaser update! Finally back from the painters, it did take me 3 months to actually get it sent! :roll: Here are some not so great quality pics taken on my phone after unpacking, disc tab removed! ;) Full build details should be up next weekend providing I can get the spare time to finish it!!!

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

GearlessinSeattle":2ycciq48 said:
Looking good!
Glad you kept the Orange.
Can't wait to see it finished.
BTW, who made the decals?

The decals came for Gil_M. Really pleased with the colour, it's very vibrant! Finished bike should be up at the weekend, just the brakes and cabling to do! :D

Back