Specialized M2

Woody

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
Specialized M2

This is my second build since joining the retrobike crew! I've owned this M2 from new in 1993 and have more or less rode it everyday! The bike has had lots of changes over the years but I thought I would take it back to sort of original spec with a few changes. I love the ride of the M2 and would recommend it to anyone and this bike will always stay in my collection. The bike originally came with 7 speed LX groupset and grey umma gumma's and grey perforated specialized saddle. I've gone with an 8 speed LX groupset this time plus a later wheelset. The frame did have quite alot of scratches but I bought a paint pen from halfords and touched it up in a few places. I think all in all its come together quite nicely.

A few pic's of earlier builds.

M2.jpg
M2-1.jpg

New pic's , hope you like it !!

Spec :

M2 frame with Direct drive forks
Silver king 1" headset
Control Tech stem
Specialized handlebar
LX 8 speed groupset
Onza chill pills
Flite saddle
Look spd's
Specialized pro control tyres
Mavic 238 rims
Thomson seatpost , soon to be changed to a Control tech post
Retrobike sticker of course!

008-1.jpg

012-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

007.jpg

006-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

001.jpg

010-2.jpg

Very nice fella.. :)

I would be going for black crank and black seatpost and stem though... would set the frame off nicer ... just my 2$ worth, but love the rest.. :)

Looks brilliant. You've done a really good job, that's one ike I would really like myself :D

Dig it! :D
Love one myself!

Feels good to have had it from new too. My favourite frame is a RM Blizzard that I bought new in '95, it's a keeper for life! ;)

jango : You could be right fella , i sometimes try to "jazz" bikes up a little too much when simple might work better !

Sithlord : .....You haven't got a clue , you built that awful looking P20 :LOL:

beepbeep : Yeah you get attached to these bikes ! I will never get rid of my M2 ........RM Blizzard hey , always wanted one of those myself , very cool :cool:

Back