My Proflex 855 and 857

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As with most of my bikes cobbled together with what's lying around and/or cheap... and yeah yeah I know all about riser bars and bar ends blah blah!

857and855001mediumup9.jpg

857and855002mediumwi6.jpg

Good looking bikes.

If I had to choose i'd have the 855 (love that swingarm and Vectors), I won't say anything about the riser/bar-ends combo... ;)

36" inside leg, but relatively short arms (probably still long but short relative to my legs!) hence the high seatposts and risers :D

Pretty good actually - these are Vector 2's and you can adjust them for the J-path (trajectory the forks take when moving 'up') which makes them more/less sensitive to minor bumps and more/less prone to 'bob'. You get around 70mm travel. You can change the damping with a change of oil (quite an easy job) and the coil can be changed just as easily for a stiffer/softer ride. The later versions (Crosslinks) you get more travel (80mm) and better shocks. But I like this type of fork, they are a bit different, lightweight and super stiff laterally.

and yeah yeah I know all about riser bars and bar ends blah blah!

and the tyre logos ain't aligned with the valves!

And that grass could do with a bit of scarifying and reseeding!!

AND you're riding full suspension cycles that can actually be ridden uphill!!!

That's the stuff!!

Cheers,
Dav

orange71":3am0j8ew said:
But I like this type of fork, they are a bit different, lightweight and super stiff laterally.

What I like about them is that you can actually see them working whilst you're riding along. This always made them feel to me more active than with telescopic forks.

Dave_H":1frilitc said:
orange71":1frilitc said:
But I like this type of fork, they are a bit different, lightweight and super stiff laterally.

What I like about them is that you can actually see them working whilst you're riding along. This always made them feel to me more active than with telescopic forks.

sure you still want to sell yours?! :D

Back