Out of the skip.. and ready to ride....

malvernman

Old School Hero
Fiver at a local recycling centre [ yeah.. the dump :) ]

2hokbyq.jpg

Complete with a few purple bits and some original features including the tyres by the look of them.
Nice LX chainset, not brilliant but working levers. I suspect the wheels, front mech and pedals are original.
Can anyone identify its age?

It is now working, set up the brakes, repaired a shifter, straightened a wheel and inflated the tyres...

Might race it this year, I have a Magura bike which is great except I always clip my heels on the chainstays so the Specialized might become my main bike.

My brother is pretty jealous as he had one of these until it snapped :( I might eventually trade it with him and get my old C16 back that is hanging up in his shed.

I got a Moulton Mk1 [ 1964 ] complete .. box of teabags and some mince pies....
Did the Welsh national 12 hour tt on it..

de7n9h.jpg

I wasn't last, 199.3 miles, this year I am aiming for 220 on the same machine, it now has a Swiss DT radial hub on the front and medium ratio 3 speed rear wheel laced to lightweight rims, this wreck is seriously silly :)[/img]
Full sus insanity :LOL:

:shock: :shock: :shock: jeez... why do people throw things like that away.. :twisted: amazes me ,, looks very very nice.. well done that man... another one saved :) ;)

I'm going to have to go to my local tip and have a shufty. Getting sick of all the recent finds! :LOL:

Pickle":32jeyieh said:
I'm going to have to go to my local tip and have a shufty. Getting sick of all the recent finds! :LOL:

they accept beer at lincoln skip. saracen cost me a 4 pack

Our one, they react as if you had suggested a threesome with them and their mum if you see something you want.

Even after being bombarded with all of LGF's finds I'm genuinely shocked at that Stumpjumper. Good job you were there to save it.

Back