???? ''Mongoose'' ti frame buildup

angrytoaster

Devout Dirtbag
So, I purchased this frame off of a friend last month and have been collecting some parts for it. I have a strange obsession with anodized purple, and it has since grafted over to this build.

One of the primary things I hoped to try was the paul thumbies and shimano DA barcon shifters I purchased. So far Ive only set up the right hand shifter and havent had a chain on it, but it seems to index pretty well. The wheels are just for until I can find a nicer set for sale locally, but they don't weigh that much.

Thanks to doug for the Ti brake booster! Turns out the design on it lets it function as a reflecter aswell- cool!

Have any of you guys out there seen this frame before? The friend I purchased it off of loves to throw silly stickers (Read: the columbus steel tubing one) on to defray thieves, so, its obviously not an ALAN. However, he had suspicions of it being some sort of mongoose ti frame from back in the day.

The new parts list as, the Tioga seat, pauls, barcons, '09 Xt rear derailleur(sorry guys ), NOS front brake booster, NOS odyssey cable hangers. The XTR cantis and front derailleur came with the bike and are in good condition. Still hunting down a bottom bracket for this guy though.

Updates as soon as my shiny purple stem gets in.

AT

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 595
Flight and a syncros? Haha I agree. Impulse bought the tioga to match a disk drive going on this thing but it's a shoddy peice of. ... And the post is a cheapy that's there to mock up. Anybody need to sell some 27.2 nice posts and/or any ti railed light seats?

At

I have a black Salsa post in a 27.2mm in black at the shop I just got work with. I also think there is a Flite too. I will let you know on the seat. But the post is there.

Back