Dyna Tech Ogre XT 1992

Ogre XT

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys, My brother and I have just restored our 1992 Dynatech MTB's. He went for the Quantum and I got the Ogre XT. This had a hard life in its early life trough races and winter training. Just before I stopped racing the brake lug snapped off and the frame was replaced under warranty so it looks very good. I'm not sure if it came with the Panaracer Smoke tyres you see here but I cant remember changing them. I added a flex stem when I bought it too - My twin had the Quantum- but apart from that its pretty original. I need to buy new shoes now. Will standard cleats still fit these pedals? thanks.

Attachments

• Picture 310.jpg
    Picture 310.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,285
  • Picture 312.jpg
    Picture 312.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,281
  • Picture 313.jpg
    Picture 313.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,286
  • Picture 318.jpg
    Picture 318.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,285
Welcome to the site.

There is a lot of love for the old Dyna Tech's on this site. This looks like a tidy example.

If your after SPD cleats, pop a wanted ad up in the forum, I'm sure someone will have some knocking about for a couple of £ or so.

drystonepaul":uz7ujp2o said:
Lovely looking bike. Any chance of your brother starting a thread for his Quantum too? :cool:

sure thing.. I'll get some decent photos of them and post them up. :D

Yes, standard cleats are backwards compatible [SH51's I think?]

I have modern XTR SPD on Scott Spark and 737's on my old Dyna... modern cleats are fine with 737's.

However... the old cleats from 737 era DO NOT locate well in the new XTR SPD's they are really lose.

Hope this helps.

I'm loving the bike too ;)

Chaser.

chaser":2cexrqqn said:
Yes, standard cleats are backwards compatible [SH51's I think?]

I have modern XTR SPD on Scott Spark and 737's on my old Dyna... modern cleats are fine with 737's.

However... the old cleats from 737 era DO NOT locate well in the new XTR SPD's they are really lose.

Hope this helps.

I'm loving the bike too ;)

Chaser.

Thanks Chaser, Good to know there is somewhere I can go for queries, We are taking the Ogre and the Quantum up to the old stumping ground around the Dublin mountains the weekend so I'll get some photos and post them.

Really looking forward to some more pics.
Did you ever gave trouble with a slipping seatpost in your Dyna frame?
I have to use 'carbon prep' (gritty paste) to stop mine slipping.. I don't want to go too nuts with the pinch bolt pressure.
Cheers,
Chaser.

chaser":qbx95yk3 said:
Really looking forward to some more pics.
Did you ever gave trouble with a slipping seatpost in your Dyna frame?
I have to use 'carbon prep' (gritty paste) to stop mine slipping.. I don't want to go too nuts with the pinch bolt pressure.
Cheers,
Chaser.

I've never had trouble - but I'm 5' 7 so short and light. I know of plenty of people who did have difficulty. when my frame was replaced under warranty in 1993- -they put the most awful bolt through the seat clamp to hold the seat in place. I see from later MT5 frame sets, there is a standard seat clamp wrapped around the top of the seat tube. I was looking at mine and there is enough seat tube sticking up over the top tube to get one on there if needed. If yours is slipping - why not fit a stanrard clamp around it.

BTW there is a new thread for Dynatech lovers at the link below.. :LOL:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=91636[/url]

Back