1997 Karakoram

the great roberto

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Not exactly the last word in retro, but in good nic for it's 13 years of hardish service.

I've always upgraded when bits wear out and have not been too anal about fitting retro bits ( hence the BB7 on the front), but most is sort of period (ish).

The yellow flite is having a refurb,so the K is wearing it's spare ;)

Still some snow in Kent.More coming this weekend.............

And ,yes, I like yellow.............

Attachments

• pics 040 (Large).jpg
    pics 040 (Large).jpg
    228 KB · Views: 1,222
everest30":lmm55l32 said:
Cool colour. I bet you get noticed !! :D

Always like yellow as a colour. Bought the complete bike from leisure lakes for £500 in late 1997.Usual mix of LX and errrrrrrrrrr LX.WTB saddle ( must sell that sometime),Kore stem , flat bars,.....Rigid front fork I expect is still in my old house loft in Barton Mills,Suffolk :(

The bike has been well used, but cared for.As things have worn out, they've been upgraded.So these days the LX tends to be XT. The current chainset is LX ( little difference between M569 and M739 IMO).

Crud guard is of course yellow, but gets removed for the summer.

And yes, it gets noticed. Always for the right reasons to be fair. In the 90's by teenagers as a "proper" MTB and these days for being steel,a hardtail,small tubes,old skool........again by teenagers who want to know what it is.

Really didn't like the WTB velociraptors tyres.Very chunky and noisey.The current 2.1 Panaracers are much better.And of course yellow :)

Back