Hoorah! All the parts I needed to get this one rolling came in the post this morning, including a new headset mounted canti cable hanger. The cheap plastic one which came with the frame snapped off as soon as I applied a bit of pressure on the lever.
So this morning while my computer was hard at work rendering some video footage for a client, I found some time to fit everything.
I've swapped the long flat 130mm stem for a shorter 100mm one with what must be about a 15 degree rise. Much more comfortable and puts the bars and bar-ends within easy reach.
Also received some Deore DX cantis with new Kool-Stop pads from rigidkona (thank you), so I've fitted them in preference to the spare Alivio ones I had knocking around. Pretty much all period correct now then... (apart from the wheels)
Early this afternoon, the computer went onto DVD authoring, so I fitted in a little test ride.
I have to say that I'm very happy with the way it all rides. Immediately felt comfortable and completely at home with the handling. This bike rides very fast too, albeit only on a little 12 mile road loop.
So all set for a proper test ride at Gisburn on Saturday.