'93 Zaskar - Bumblebee - Complete 20/8/2010 (page 3)

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So after the best part of 20 years hankering after a Zaskar, I finally bought this example from Nic. :cool:

Just a couple of pics to show it in it's 'newly acquired and pre-project' state. Got some plans on this one, along the lines of -plain-and-simple akin to Jimihendrix' and LGF's examples.

Be looking for the early decal set (1990ish) as these were my fave. Not period correct, I know, but what I'm after, :)

I'm gonna be busy polishing her for a while I think, once the 93/94MY decals are removed:
93Zaskar002.jpg

And a date stamp:
93Zaskar006.jpg

Really looking forward to this build, with a retro passion.

Steve

I did my old Zaskar LE plain and simple with M900 and Mag 21's. Polished Zaskars look best clean and plain build style :cool:

Gil has the old style (downtube Zaskar) decal set on file, so give him a shout. Those old decals will come off quick and easy with a hairdryer.

Cheers pickle.
I remeber the old ones (especially the blue and purple ano from the early 90's) with a real passion. . . . . . .

Thing is, nobody's every really been able to tell me, conclusively, the difference between the Zaskar and the Zaskar LE ?????

Also, I can't work out the seatpost diameter? Something in my head says 27.2mm, but I've tried one of those and it's a bit too tight :roll:
Steve

GT-Steve":ocfjgz4a said:
Cheers pickle.
I remeber the old ones (especially the blue and purple ano from the early 90's) with a real passion. . . . . . .

Thing is, nobody's every really been able to tell me, conclusively, the difference between the Zaskar and the Zaskar LE ?????

Also, I can't work out the seatpost diameter? Something in my head says 27.2mm, but I've tried one of those and it's a bit too tight :roll:
Steve

The only difference between a Zaskar and Zaskar LE is component spec.

Older Zaskar's were 26.8 seatpost diameter.

Enjoy it......I'm on my 3rd now :LOL:

Thank you. :roll: :)

I will definitely enjoy it, there'll be a lot going into it.

Now, to start looking for some Mag21's . . . . . . . . . . . ;) :roll:

jonnyboy666":3b7yxz9l said:
flinkin blip steve!! :shock: :shock: how many projects have you got on the go??!!! :LOL:

7, at the moment :shock: pmsl.
8, if you count the Pulse Pro which I haven't unveiled yet.

Currenty hoarding parts, and then one manic thread-post-a-thon!!! lol.

Steve

Always asked the same about LE's . I bought my frame new in '94 and it was sold and badged as an LE.. No components on it to justify the LE so I guess all Zaskar frames sold stand alone were made LE's??

Have fun with the build mate, I am midway through rebuilding mine... Long live the Zaskar :LOL:

Hi Steve,
i have polished this for a friend:

This is mine, also a lot to do, sorry, a bad handypic ;) :

Greets Frank

have something to get you going - mine is 16 year old un-polished patina.

Theres NO differences in the LE badged frames (till around 97 maybe). Mine was bought as an LE frame Mike's Bikes, Cambridge in October 1993 with M730 XT and mag 21.

Its possibly on its 12 rebuild having various guises over the years, now blessed with full M730 from head to toe and some funky Reynolds 531 forks and later decals, my favourite style.

zaskar_in_the_herb_garden_173.jpg

Back