New oldskool YO!

Fattyboombatty

Old School Hero
I just joined the site. Very cool.
Here is my newest ride. I would be posting a pic of my '95 Yo if I hadn't got hit by a car on it. I was ok, but the bike was toast. So, in light of that I now own a '99 Yo with matching Big One Inch fork in 1 1/8" threadless. It is not as retro as the bikes most of you ride, but as you can tell at least it gets used!

Attachments

• YO!.jpg
    YO!.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 2,547
  • Yo2.jpg
    Yo2.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 2,519
I know it from the FAT board, you have a really nice bike!

What I like on your bike is that it has '99 parts, but some do refer to an earlier era, like the anodized Zooka, RaceFace cranks.... I think very well choosen for a Yo. There is more I like on your bike: the overall picture with the colours is great imo.

Thanks for the kind words!
I love this bike and I spent about a year building it. She has lots of new parts as well as a mix of older stuff. Xtr V brakes of course, but Avid Ultimate V chip levers Gorilla billet brace. The Race Face cranks are older forged ones. The front der. is a vintage XTR 901. Lots of Ringle!I wish I still had the Ringle post that came with it. The stupid thing cracked! I've seen that way too often with the older posts. I always wanted a Somerville YO and fork, but I found that I am very pleased with this later frame. 1 1/8'' headset and I never have to worry about replacing decals! I might post a clean pic of it later...the cherry love is a nice color in the sun ;)

Back