Orange C16R...Finished and ridden photos -- page 7

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
So I have finally given in , and decided to build another Orange up, and when johnnyboy tempted me with one of his fruity delights recently , how could I resist.. :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

Its a C16R frameset , not sure on the correct date yet, but somewhere around 95-97..

Here's a few sneek pics of the frame.. ;)
PICT0816.jpg

PICT0823.jpg

PICT0818.jpg

PICT0817-1.jpg

And here's some of the parts waiting to go on :)

Stem, I have not decided yet on the final one , but it will be one of these two.. :)
PICT0813.jpg

PICT0801.jpg

Bars
PICT0815.jpg

Again having problems on fork choice, but down to two contenders :
PICT0825.jpg

Or
PICT0828-1.jpg

And the groupset, will be the finest Shimano have ever produced in my opinion.

Full M900
PICT0811.jpg

PICT0805.jpg

Due to the condition of these, I am going to give them a good polish.. ;)
PICT0810.jpg

And just for a bit of bling , I thought I would give it a bit of Gold.. ;)

PICT0834.jpg

I'll post more up as I progress this one, going to enjoy this.. :)

Thanks guys,, yea I think the stalk looks better, however it might be a little long for me , I think the black colour suits the frame better, but the sweet stem is just that sweet and Ti too, so will offer a little bit of dampening to the front end, if I use the F7 forks .. :)

Nearly all the parts are ordered and just waiting upon delivery . prior to assembly, the only thing I am unsure of is the seatpost, if I fit the stalk I shall want a black seat post, and I suppose a XTR would be in order but they are not very common,, so suggestions for a alternative would be welcome.. :)

Wheels are the only other thing I am having issues with locating , I did originally think a set of XTR's but tending to think toward hope, but the issues with flange breakages puts me off somewhat. .

Any suggestions.. ?

Yea thinking more toward the 35's TBH,,, they look sweet on the frame... just got some new decals off ebay so they are going to look even better.. we will see.. ;)

Edit..

gone to a good home, looks like it's gonna be blingtastic!

Cheers fella, I'll try and do ya proud.. ;) do you have any idea what travel is best suited.. ?

never fitted a suspension fork myself but i would say 63mm max as that would be right for the year, by the way i believe it's a '96

:D

Cheers fella :) so the paces might be a little too short :? :? , we'll see :)

Thanks once again fella, really looking forward to this one :)

Latest posts

Back