1996 mountain cycle san andreas (project bumble bee)

saltyman

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
project: bumble bee :LOL:

after a 600 mile round trip in rain, snow, sleet........the sannie is home :cool:

too late to work on it now, even though im mad keen. tomorrow will see it rideable, just needs new tubes for that.

this week will see it wearing new gear cables, tubes and a good service, see what needs re newed.

then i will sort the brakes......either stick maguras on, or stick the wheels and discs off the dekerf on it.

smoke and dart rubber will be going on the pace :cool:

once its all working i will see what i fancy doing suspension wise.

Fork: marzocchi shiver 200mm
Stem: azonic shorty

Brakes: avid elix r 203mm front and rear

Shifters: LX
Front Derailleur: LX
Rear Derailleur: LX
Cassette: 9sp
Chain: KMC
Cranks: LX
Pedals: DMR V8

Rims: mavic 317
Hubs: hope pro 2

Tyres: michelin
Tubes: continental

Seatpost: x lite click on

Weight: 36.1lbs

08022010416.jpg

08022010417.jpg

08022010418.jpg

08022010419.jpg

08022010420.jpg

dale is going to gather dust.....im looting the maguras off it in the morning :LOL:

im riding the san andreas tomorrow :cool:

weighed it earlier on too, for a laugh......surprisingly it is less than a pound heavier than my dekerf :shock:

I was interested in this, but only wanted the frame - I'm glad it's gone into good hands either way :).

rode the bike yesterday :shock:

its like a waterbed, the travel is unreal :LOL: . it swallows everything up, kerbs, stairs the lot.

anyways, its now stripped down ready for upgrades. i have stuck the meaty wheels off the dekerf on it.

waiting on an adaptor for the rear disc mount, and im hoping to get some shiver forks this week, just waiting on the guy to reply back to me.

San_Andreas_Disc_Brake_Adpter_inlin.jpg

so the bike is getting:

rapid fire shifters 9speed
new 9 speed chain
xt front and rear mech
disc brake kit, still unsure what size to go for yet on the rotor side of things!
shiver forks
rear shock, probaly a fox float

see what else it needs as and when im fitting parts.

heres what it looks like against my little pace......the bottom bracket sits 15'' off the ground!

09022010434.jpg

project bumble bee is a go:

these are going on this week..........2005 marzocchi shivers 190mm travel.

pick them up tonight hopefully.

pbpic4348518.jpg

pbpic4348506.jpg

Back