1993 Cannondale M800 Beast of the East

bmystcl

Retro Newbie
Hi gang.. thanks to everyone that contributes to this truely awesome site!!

Ok time to reveal my beloved M800 BotE!

Due to other commitments its taken me three months to completely strip, clean and rebuilt this beauty. The paintwork and decals are original and the bike is completely standard.. the same spec as when it rolled off the production line. Unfortunately I've been forced to give up the old Panaracer Smokes as I'm gonna be taking this baby over the rolling hills.. replaced them with some modern Pana's and I think the red walls set things off nicely. The orignal saddle has been replaced by the Turbo for personal pref only.

In my humble the early 90s produced some of the hottest Dale's. I'm specifically after a 1991 SM800 BotE (black with orange flecks).. so if anyone know's someone.... or has one please please please get in touch!!

Anyways thanks for taking the time to check my ride.. welcome any comments.....[/img]

Attachments

• DSC06259.JPG
    DSC06259.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 4,485
  • DSC06299.JPG
    DSC06299.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 4,485
  • DSC06261.JPG
    DSC06261.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 4,485
  • DSC06265.JPG
    DSC06265.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 4,485
drooled over these in the early 90s when they hung on the wall of my LBS!

i could only afford a m600 however :LOL:

Very nice!

But get some amberwalls on it just for the pictures and take them off again for the ride! ;)

Nice! Sold a few of these BITD and agree that the early-mid '90's Canondales were the best they made. Also they looked different to almost everything else (a fat-tubed bike was a relative rarity then) whereas in my eyes almost everything looks the same now (heavy and like a motorbike!)

Ade

Beautiful bike bud, and I'm with you there ovlov440 the cream of the crop were these Beasts and the Killer V's beautifully finished a great ride and light as a feather!

Back