View
:D Ok as Promised Real pics and Info On the new project :D

Frame : Titan 1/2 Trac True Temper 4130 Cro Moly
Fork : Titan Unicrown
Bottom bracket : Titan sealed cartridge Full adjustable
Headset : 1 1/4" Evolution
Seapost Dia : 26.4

dam1003.jpg

Here's a good link to the bmx museum for a bit of background on The Titan Company..

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/titan/

dam1009.jpg

Check the looptail E-stay Setup CooL As :cool:

dam1004.jpg

Amazing Botton Bracket set up, so simple and easy to work on :shock:

dam1005.jpg

dam1006.jpg

The paint is in great nick, but the transfers are a bit tatty..

Now the big question is what does it weigh :?:

dam1001.jpg

Bare Frame in 20" size ..... 7LB :p

Enjoy

Peace

Me too, if you do as good a job as that yeti...... :cool:

Interesting, I think Mr K has just bought a Titan estay also. From the late 80's he said and one of the first estay, he educated me at the weekend :D

I owned one of those from new BITD: frightening bike, but the least likely to break in a nuclear war.

pete_mcc":2acc8cfi said:
I owned one of those from new BITD: frightening bike, but the least likely to break in a nuclear war.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Like That

Dont worry chaps! More pics and info to follow tommo! ill even weigh the frame and dispel the myth of the tank :LOL:

grundig-world-cup-90":2gtjrxjx said:
ill even weigh the frame and dispel the myth of the tank :LOL:

Shermans have nothing on this frame, the British Army would kill for the type of protection this frame could offer them!

Don't get me wrong, it was a lovely bike, got loads of looks and took me on many an epic, but the paint alone that they used was stronger than any modern carbon fibre frame!

One key question - did you get the forks with it?

There was a really cool article in MBUK back in 1990/1 or so with Jamie Tatlow and Dave Hemmings doing lake jumping with one of those. I got mine new from Covent Garden Cycles and I think they were the key importer of these at the time

:LOL: Tell ya your right about that paint finish :!: 20 year old frame you would expect it to be knocked about .. no lie im struggling to find any chips :shock:
dont know what they used but its hard as :)

Sorta remember that artical in mbuk.. tatlow crossing up the bars while airborne spring to mind! would love to see it again :p

Lucky enough it has the original forks, the frame's the 20" large size and boy the headtube is a biggy! Dont fancy the chances of finding a evolution size fork for that one :?

grundig-world-cup-90":39u7ez4f said:
and boy the headtube is a biggy!

Oh yeah, just to get my ride position back to normal I had this stem built for mine

y0d7pd.jpg

Back