"Fixed" Explosif

eastcoaststeve

PoTM Winner
My Kona wan't broken, but I "fixed" it anyway.... ;)

Something a bit different:

fixedgearmtb1.jpg

fixedgearmtb2.jpg

Looking forward to trying something new in the dirt. I'll post up some action shots and a ride report first chance I get.

Steve

get those big tyres of it m8
that does look stunning tho
bit fixed curious meself
does sound like a recipe for disaster tho

go for it :LOL:

mikee":1wwi7089 said:
whats it weigh ?

Mikee,

20 pounds as it sits.

It could be a bit lighter with less chunky pedals and smaller/lighter tires, but I chose the pedals to hold up to multiple pedal hits, and the tires got the nod to give me a tad more grip in the snow, (they should soften the ride a bit in the rough stuff too).

I've been fixed gear MTB curious for quite some time, and the Explosif frame was just hanging in the garage looking sad, so....being the sucker I am for oddball builds, it was inevitible :) .

Steve

only thing that spoils it for me are the grips - apart from that it's nice and simple and clean :D

do us a ride report /dictation from your hospital bed

:LOL:

let us know how you get on fella

look forward to it

mike

Fixie offroad is entertaining - but brakes are a good idea, even if you do try not to use them they can come in handy.

I've found long fast descents the hardest - it works the parts of your legs that other biking does not.

Singletrack is a hoot, but you do get spat into the undergrowth more often than on other bikes due to pedal ground interference.

My fixie is also an Explosif, but mine was broken before I had it fixed, and once it was fixed I figured out a way to fix it, but it's not fixed all the time :?

Back