Dynatech MT4

baj

Senior Retro Guru
building with kit from the Kilauea to decide which to keep!!

30012010389.jpg

whats with my camera phone today?? taking fuzzy logic photos :?

C'mon, let see the build this frame desrves...
here is mine :) 22lbs!
Cheers,
Chaser

Attachments

• MT5 complete.JPG
    MT5 complete.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,391
mine's an 18" what size is yours? if its a 17" would you fancy a swap??!

how does it ride? do you know if the geometry is anything like the older raleigh/dynas? I loved the ride of my Ravine even though it was chieftan tank heavy!

oh and any idea where to source the original forks? I have some P2s on it at the moment..

No swap, sorry, mine fits perfect [17"] and was a NOS frame and fork.

The P2 fork is a bit long, you need a 390 -395 mm axle to crown fork.

Don't know where you can get an original but there are loads of forks that would do the job and have the look of the original come up on ebay

I think geometry was 71 head /73 seat [degrees] quite steep and sharp but even with long low stem feel planted even on steep technical stuff.

I think there has been a mod' to your frame... the seat-clamp on mine is integrated but had a reputation for slipping - looks like your has a separate seat collar.

Hope this info helps...?

chaser":wrqsvurg said:
No swap, sorry, mine fits perfect [17"] and was a NOS frame and fork.

The P2 fork is a bit long, you need a 390 -395 mm axle to crown fork.

Don't know where you can get an original but there are loads of forks that would do the job and have the look of the original come up on ebay

I think geometry was 71 head /73 seat [degrees] quite steep and sharp but even with long low stem feel planted even on steep technical stuff.

I think there has been a mod' to your frame... the seat-clamp on mine is integrated but had a reputation for slipping - looks like your has a separate seat collar.

Hope this info helps...?

cheers matey, well if you're ever feeling a bit taller you know where to come ;)

how does it ride? I've only ever ridden steel so far..

the cable routing is a little different too, I did read somewhere about the slipping post so maybe RSP absorbed the critisms and did a little fiddling for the later frames??

rides very light and very comfy too.. quite springy, I do also have v light wheels so this contributes too.
Enjoy,
Chaser.

They say you never miss something 'till it's gone.

R.I.P. Raleigh Special Products.

Makers of outstanding machines.

Just a shame more people didn't buy them when they were making them.

You gotta build that frame. just lower the saddle a little - it would be a shame not to use it. Mine is a 16 inch and they ride lovely ive always liked the DynaTech frame, even now after years of being away from it - it felt like putting on an old pair of gloves. very comfortable and great for climbing.

Attachments

• Picture 318.jpg
    Picture 318.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,198
Back