'New' Roberts (Canal path bike contents!)

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Had a busy weekend finishing off the latest project. Now that I have moved to the flatest place in England (Cambridge), I felt that I needed a pootling bike for the weekend canal path trips with the GF. So out came the conti 1.5s and the Cooks road cranks, the salsa high rise stem, Dirt drop-esque bars, campag cantis, Turbo saddle, POWERGRIPS(!) and a shiny 1989 Roberts bike bought on here not long ago (with its Mavic Paris Dakar wheels, Bonty forks and everything else:

ymmdiu.jpg

ymmdx4.jpg

ymmdxj.jpg

ymmdxp.jpg

ymmdxr.jpg

Quick ride at the weekend says 'perfect!' 7 speed rear with 10 speed campag ergos is spot on, not a stray gear change in sight. Roll on the summer when it'll really get some use.

Wasn't sure if this should go in Road bikes or here as its a real mongrel (but of pure showdog breeding).

Whatdaya reckon? (excuse the state of the house - in the process of being decorated so the white stuff on the floor is plaster dust not just dirt, honest - and before anyone puts their foot in it, the green on the walls is the new colour not the old one, so no 'thank god you're getting rid of that aweful green'...).

Personally...................................I like it, reminds me of an MBUK article where I think they took a roberts and put syncros forks and mavic components on it, some guy in a white tux was riding it.

have you got a white tux :? :?:

Ah yes the 'Le Corbusier' bike. Remember it well, infact I was probably influenced by that unwittingly! This one has Mavic mechs front and back as well (was going to have mavic shifters until I decided on the drop bars), although I wasn't going to go down the cow horn bars line..

John":3iv0pppa said:
Insane....I love it :D

Clearly! :D

I'm not sure if that's the charm of it, or if it'd be even nicer with a rather-more-standard handlebar layout?

I tried a whole bunch of bars on it (flats, risers and on one marys) but really wanted to try out what made Potts and WTB bikes so special and thats a high rise stem and flared drops, and by 'eck it works - still wouldn't go on a real heavy off road ride with em, mind!

Back