1992 Raleigh Summit

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Thought I'd pop this in here. It is for sale at the moment, but whilst its not sold I'm using it as a winter rider and rest the Stumpjumper. I've always had a soft spot for the Summit after owning a Ravine from the same 'Off Road' Raleigh range BITD. Ideally, I'd have liked a model with the Rock Shox, but hey ho.

Originally purchased for it 'guts', it turned out to be not a bad bike. Yea, theres the odd scuff here and there, but nothing a fresh set of decals wont mask. Again, if it doesnt sell in the next week or so I'll chat to Gil.

So, after an hour of scrubbing and polishing in the shed here it is. Mint Deore LX with DX shifters. Even has lovely Deore LX flat pedals.

If Raleigh's your thing, enjoy it at is Reynolds K2 best!

Attachments

• IMG00104.jpg
    IMG00104.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 6,773
  • IMG00103.jpg
    IMG00103.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 6,770
  • IMG00102.jpg
    IMG00102.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 6,770
  • IMG00101.jpg
    IMG00101.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 6,771
Nice Pickle, have you noticed I always seem drawn to your bikes? Must stay away from the For Sale section :LOL:

chrisv40":1sqokk8z said:
Nice Pickle, have you noticed I always seem drawn to your bikes? Must stay away from the For Sale section :LOL:

You have good taste dear boy ;)

dirtjumper_dmr":1sqokk8z said:
quite like that. not in the market for another bike at the mo unfortunately.

didn't the red stumpy have future shocks on?

Thanks. Yes, the Stumpjumper did have FS's, but they died and LGF kindly gave me the current original Direct Drives. To be honest, they give a better ride.

nice bike

take the groupset & wheels off ,put in a box and send it to me and i'll give you £60
turn the remains into a s/s pub/shopping utility bike and e-bay for £200

:LOL:

Pickle":1ooax2bk said:
Thanks. Yes, the Stumpjumper did have FS's, but they died and LGF kindly gave me the current original Direct Drives. To be honest, they give a better ride.

Are the FS beyond salvage? Arn't they basically Rock Shox?

dirtjumper_dmr":2ozeefb5 said:
Pickle":2ozeefb5 said:

Are the FS beyond salvage? Arn't they basically Rock Shox?

LGF has them now. One leg locked itself out and I believe one of the brake mounts was cracked.

Shame, because cosmetically they were perfect :roll:

one leg was spot on, the other locked solid.

The brace was cracked and 1 leg/ brace had been drilled out to accept a bigger canti boss rather than using a helicoil set.

Unfortunately, they disappeared in the post on their way to France never to be seen again. :?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... pecialized

specialized_fsx_838.jpg

mikee":2jvxwzqo said:
nice bike

take the groupset & wheels off ,put in a box and send it to me and i'll give you £60

Wheels aren't bad but are much improved with decent spokes as the ones that Raleigh used were awful plain gauge things that went dull within months. I've respoked mine with DT Swiss Competition and it's improved the ride no end, looks much nicer too :D

Analog Kid":zgcodbd5 said:
mikee":zgcodbd5 said:
nice bike

Wheels aren't bad but are much improved with decent spokes as the ones that Raleigh used were awful plain gauge things that went dull within months. I've respoked mine with DT Swiss Competition and it's improved the ride no end, looks much nicer too :D

No plans to do any work (other than decals if it doesnt sell) as I'll just ride this one.

I've been hammering the Stumpjumper too much recently and after giving it a good clean last week I noticed the paint was getting a little chipped :shock: So, it got polished and the paint touched up yesterday, and is now put away until the drier months ;)

Back