'93 Nishiki FS-3 (M900)

Arran

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Picked this frame up on US Fleabay some time ago. It has had very little use because the head tube developed a split early in it's life. I've had the crack repaired and the head tube area re-painted. pretty bloody good job too!

fs3-1.jpg

Frame: '93 Nishiki FS-3, 16". 7005 front triangle, 4130 cr-mo rear swingarm, noleen coil-over shock

Fork: '93 RS Mag 21

Headset: Ringle Slamma Jamma
Stem: Dean Ahead 1 1/8" x 120mm
Handlebar: Tioga Tange Prestige
Grips: Rubber
Barends: Controltech Team Issue L-bend

Brakes: OnZa HO Cantis
Brake Pads: Shimano XT
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Vanguard Peace Symbol - Gold
Brake Levers: M900 STI

Shifters: M900 STI
Front Derailleur: M901 34.9 top-pull
Rear Derailleur: M900
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: M900 12-32
Chain: Shimano HG91
Cranks: Tioga Revolver
Crank Bolts: Tioga Revolver
Chainrings: M900 26, 26, 46
Chainring bolts: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: Tioga Revolver
Pedals: Shimano M737

Hub Skewers: Roval Ti
Rims: M231 32h HA
Hubs: Nuke Prook carbon
Nipples: DT Brass
Spokes: DT Competition 20./1.8/2.0
Tyres: Panaracer Magic F & R
Tubes: Panaracer schreader

Saddle: Vetta TT Trishock manganese rails
Seatpost: Uno alloy 30.6
Seatpost Binder: Tioga

Weight:Not light...

fs3-6.jpg

fs3-5.jpg

fs3-3.jpg

fs3-2.jpg

fs3-4.jpg

fs3-7.jpg

Another cutey from a fellow Nishiki fan..... what's the difference between the FS2 and the FS3 BTW?

Mr K

Liking that! Loose the 3-peice cranks to save some weight though..

A modern air shock might save upto a pound and will probably improve the ride too.

Wanna sell me those tyres? :)

re:

I had one of theese, branded Cyclepro but with LX and a Mag10 up front. There was a xtr version with mag21 to but they were ultra expensive even with lx. Remember it to be very good but a bit flexy rode just like my santa cruz superlight but with a not so sofisticated rear damper.

don't remember if it was really heavy, you should weigh your and see the results...

Re: re:

captain8track":1i6eq9us said:
I had one of theese, branded Cyclepro but with LX and a Mag10 up front. There was a xtr version with mag21 to but they were ultra expensive even with lx. Remember it to be very good but a bit flexy rode just like my santa cruz superlight but with a not so sofisticated rear damper.

don't remember if it was really heavy, you should weigh your and see the results...

Just weighted it...

29.35 lb :shock:

As I said... Not light!

mrkawasaki":2u0p3p9l said:
Another cutey from a fellow Nishiki fan..... what's the difference between the FS2 and the FS3 BTW?

Mr K

Thanks Mr K.

The FS2 had M900 & a Mag 21 with long-travel kit installed (for $US3K!!!) and the FS3 had an LX groupset with a Mag 10 (also with LT kit).

Back