A new use for an Ibis Ti Mojo - rebirth of a thing of beauty

Should I submit this for bike of the month or is to modern, being SS?

• Yes its a classic retro bling frame

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No SS is not a retro build

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't know if it's me being a div ('awaits a response proving so'), but i can't link it, comes up as an error.

Now I've made it work.

Very Nice. Not sure I agree with the one red Fire XC though? ;)

Now that IS nice.

Well I'd say it's retro enough for the BOTM, but I don't want to be labelled as a conspirator in moving the retro threshold too far forward! :shock:

It's hard working out what's retro and not though huh? My XLM (further down) wouldn't be considered retro as such, but what's on it, and the way it's owned/ ridden - then maybe? But then there was a Pace F8 on here a while back and that was newer than the XLM or near enough the same age. And it's a classic isn't it?

I suppose it's one of those vague grey areas we should just all keep relaxed on.

yeah I know what you mean with whats retro or not, all of my bikes are there to be ridden not garage queens, so they have to have good durable stuff onboard but often that means a modern take on an old classic.

The frame sizing on the ibis's either worked for you or didn't, this ti mojo is a medium (circa 17.5 inch) but I have a large ibis frame (19 inch) and strangely they both fit me at 5 foot 11. Sure they feel different but they both work for me.

I think that singlespeed is not a 'retrobuild' as there is now way you would have seen it bitd.

However ss is a nice use of an old frame and is cool in its own right. :cool:

Back