Snow Beast - Cannondale content

Wheelnut

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Finally finished this Cannondale M800 Beast of the East. :D

It came off this forum (thanks Cheesey!) and was mostly complete, and dripping with NOS equipment, but missing the front forks. :?

I changed the tyres for knobblies, fitted a different bar and stem, changed the rear mech for one with a longer cage, and fitted some NOS Marin forks, which look a bit like those Ritchey forks once used by Cannondale before the Pepperoni type appeared.

I think this 18in frame is '92 or '93 and the whole bike weighs in at about 23.5lbs. It rides real nice too, but in this almost-as-new condition I don't plan for it to get dirty any time soon...

Maybe I'll change the forks for some Pace RC30s (I have some but they need a longer steerer tube) or perhaps go for some suspension forks. Not sure which type would suit it - suggestions welcome.

Anyway, here's the pics.

Attachments

• c0222s.jpg
    c0222s.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 2,496
  • c0228s.jpg
    c0228s.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 2,495
  • c0230s.jpg
    c0230s.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 2,495
  • c0235s.jpg
    c0235s.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 2,495
BTW are the shifters and rear mech off said p7?

Its a good colour and the decals look cool - are they original???

fingers":2avblk07 said:

Don't worry, your old P7 hasn't been robbed of parts. ;)

Colour is not original - it was refinished by Bob Jackson's - but I think the decals are as original. If not, someone will no doubt tell me...

saltyman":2xc7mg0i said:
nice frames those, think the bike would suit flat bars and stem more.

I have to agree with you, but the riser bars are more comfortable. It actually came with a Fred Salmon bar/stem combo which might well end up back on the 'dale at some point.

Wheelnut":1ygytpvv said:
fingers":1ygytpvv said:

Don't worry, your old P7 hasn't been robbed of parts. ;)

Colour is not original - it was refinished by Bob Jackson's - but I think the decals are as original. If not, someone will no doubt tell me...

heck Im not fussed about robbing parts - I just notice these things - I reckon those Xt rear mechs are the best in the business, and the LX shifters, well I have had 2 sets, and they last forever...

Wheelnut":1ny5tp9u said:
saltyman":1ny5tp9u said:
nice frames those, think the bike would suit flat bars and stem more.

I have to agree with you, but the riser bars are more comfortable. It actually came with a Fred Salmon bar/stem combo which might well end up back on the 'dale at some point.

im actually getting a riser bar for my dale, though only a slight rise........comfort wins over looks for what i use mine for ;)

Back