1993 Teesdale Brave Warrior Chief

sandmangts

Senior Retro Guru
I just got it back from the painter today.
IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2094.JPG
    IMG_2094.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 4,230
  • IMG_2095.JPG
    IMG_2095.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 4,230
  • IMG_2100.JPG
    IMG_2100.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 4,230
  • IMG_2105.JPG
    IMG_2105.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 4,230
i want to lick the picture of the unpainted bottom bracket...that is: I want to lick your bike's bottom.

amazing bike

DOC

:cool: :shock: :cool:

like the pic. with the frame in the mirror - on first glimps it looks as you have two frames of them ;)

Neat....I've been watching your thread over on VRC and waiting to see these pix, are you pleased with how it turned out?

neilll":lckxflky said:
Neat....I've been watching your thread over on VRC and waiting to see these pix, are you pleased with how it turned out?
I couldn't be happier. I had a Brave a long time ago, one of my first "real" mountain bikes. I saw this frame and got lucky. I got it straight from Tom Teesdale himself. According to him there were 5 Chiefs built. He provided the original decals. Cyclart did the original artwork for Brave Cycles and they are 3 miles from my house. They did a fantastic job.

The build will consist of a barely used 1st gen XTR group, cranks, shifters, levers, deraillers and hubs. NOS Suntour Rollercams, NOS XT post (unless I can find an XTR). I always wanted something unique like this. I can't wait to get it built.

This is going to be one of the more special bikes on the VRC scene this year I feel. Lets hope there is either an e-stay BOTM or a splatter BOTM this year, 'cause this bike will be a hard one to beat. (In fact, it will be hard to beat in any BOTM).

Loving that paint - it's like a p-series Ritchey's acid-fiend brother!

The project thus far looks like it'd be a BoTM contender any month. Don't ever recall seeing a Brave in the UK, don't think they ever made it here BUT they seemed to get featured (or advertised, I forget) in MBA a fair bit.

Did the frame come bare from Teesdale? What was the story with it. That paint looks :cool: , super box fresh!

Back