lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
first of all thanks to doug (kase1983) for donating this frame for karma and also to tallpaul for collecting it and posting it on. cheers guys.

i want a cruiser for getting to work on. dont like ghaving expensive bits of kit outside all day so i decided to build a klunker. i was going to get an alloy one off ebay but posted a wanted ad on here first. this is the result of the wanted ad!

the plan, as always with my projects is to get it rideable first before stripping it and making it how i want it. that way i can decide if i like the way it rides without spending loads of money.

so the plan is to stick a set of disc wheels i have with a bolt on rear sprocket so i dont have to worry about the lack of brake hardware (will probably go coaster brake in the long term if i find a wheel cheap enough)

might swap the cranks for something very bling, just for the hell of it.

paint i'm, thinking brown or beige. whatever it will be matt that is a given. probably beige as the rust will come through quicker.

forks. stuck here. either motorbike inspired rigid "tripleclamps", motorbike inspired quasars, girvins or halson inversion forks, or nore sensibly possibly, a really old fashion looking fork. basically anything other than a standard curved fork if you get me.

tyres, eithger brown or cream 2.35 schwables

what do you guys think?

inspired by the early stages of jimmyhendrix's build (not that i think there is anything wrong with the later stages)
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... r&start=30

Attachments

• 13012010678.jpg
    13012010678.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 7,927

Attachments

• 27895.jpg
    27895.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 7,907
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
:LOL:

Wicked!

My immediate thought is black for the frame, with maybe flames from the headtube???

I think the old pringer forks look pretty good, probably lethal though. Have you seen ratrodbikes.com? good for inspiration

I reckon some old fashioned straight bladed rigid forks where the dropouts are triangular shaped welded onto the blades - know what I mean?

bit like this:

3537536507_58a80e8573.jpg

camerapics024.jpg

Great start :D , probably better than the frame i used as it's proper steel and is coaster brake specific (as you intend using a coaster), you'll need to use a drum on the front too :LOL:, Brooks seat will set it off :cool: , flattered that i provided inspiration ;) , looking forward to the progress.

Cheers guys. I think the paint is going to be matt brown mainly with matt or possibly gloss cream diamonds a la jimmyhendrix first paintjob.
As for forks, good idea ed- they look spot on. Would also suit bmx or motorbike style bars. If i do go down the triple clamp or upside down route then i'm going for a cafe racer look with upside down cruiser bars.
As for flames pickle-it would suite it i think but i'm not talented enough for it not to look pants (as in y fronts, not trousers for the benefit of our transatlantic cousins)
Brakes- if i'm going fixed then on brakes if coaster then i'll just risk it with the rear.
Looking forward to this one

Hi that's a great offer but they are possibly a bit too authentic for this build. Is it possible to run them single ring? I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth but also don't want to take stuff that won't be suitable. Also its a bmx bottom bracket but i was considering a dmr converter anyway.
What other bits do you have? Don't expect freebies although they are appreciated!

Dave

johnnyp3000":39jbcadm said:
I think the old pringer forks look pretty good, probably lethal though. Have you seen ratrodbikes.com? good for inspiration

some inspiration there for sure

Back