what year is my Breezer Storm?

nelly

MacRetro Rider
The Breezer Storm in question was gifted to me by my Canadian ex before she returned home. Apparently her dad used to import these into B.C. from California in the early days of mountain biking. This one is in good shape, has rarely been ridden off road and I suspect most of the chips and scratches were caused by sloppy parking and storage.
As a winter project I a stripping it down - with the intention of using its components to build a steel hard tail that fits, as unfortunately the Breezer is only 18".
I have pics but I can't seem to add them as this is my first posting. Anybody who knows about, or is interested in Breezers, please get in touch and I can email over some pics. It would be nice to know a little bit about this fine bicycle.

I'm not an expert, but it can be difficult to tell the year because they kept the design and paintwork so constant. You've posted in the after 1997 section, so here is the 1998 Bikepedia entry to compare with
http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... &Type=bike

If it doesn't look exactly like that, I would suggest you start another thread in the up to 97 section, include pictures and give the frame serial number.

breezer storm

Thanks for that. Looks like its a 1995.
4270985807_ff92ab06f8_o.jpg

Thats got to be a 1991, 1" headset and DX chainset = Same as mine :LOL:

Very nice bike if you can build it back to its former self. Here is a piccy for inspiration :cool:

October2009Video061.jpg

Thanks, thats brilliant! Mines is identical, thanks again. A total bummer that it is too small for me but now that I know these bikes are cherished I will definitely be building it back up again. Just a shame that the paint work has been scratched by spending years parked beside other bikes.

The paint on the Breezers has always been prone to chips but the original paint is lovley, the white up front will be pearl effect when in correct light :cool:

Thanks, thats brilliant! Mines is identical, thanks again. A total bummer that it is too small for me but now that I know these bikes are cherished I will definitely be building it back up again. Just a shame that the paint work has been scratched by spending years parked beside other bikes.

Back