Moots Rigor Mootis

stevek

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Since Wu tangled posted pics of his modern but super luscious XLM I thought I'd put a few pics of my modern (ish) ride up.

It's a 2001 Moots Rigor Mootis but with slightly newer gear on it.

Fox RLC
Hope Hubs (ti freehub) on 717's
XT/XTR mech's
Alien Ti seatpin
Thomson stem
Carbon Monkeylites with ODI Ruffians
King H/set
Middleburn cranks/rings
Ti Eggbeaters
Hope Minis
Flite saddle

I think it's a classic already.

PLEASE! No garden comments! I'm too busy doing other stuff to give the garden more than a cursory looking after.

:)

Hope you like it. I love it. :D

Attachments

• Moots Rigor Mootis.JPG
    Moots Rigor Mootis.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 4,033
  • Moots Rigor Mootis (1).JPG
    Moots Rigor Mootis (1).JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 4,031
  • Moots Rigor Mootis (3).JPG
    Moots Rigor Mootis (3).JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 4,028
  • Moots Rigor Mootis (2).JPG
    Moots Rigor Mootis (2).JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 4,031
Nice solid build, like it.
stevek":333ruf55 said:
PLEASE! No garden comments! I'm too busy doing other stuff to give the garden more than a cursory looking after.

Amen to that. Over the weekend as I was going about my business I watched my neighbour spend the entire two days on his knees taking the moss out between the flags on his driveway :?

Bloody hell Steve - you should look at the state of our garden! - Oh you can in the pic I posted! LOL

Nice nice nice. I wanted that frame.

Don't want a spare set of the forks do you?

I don't want to be flamed for upholding modern classic/ retroesque postings... ;)

Gus

Wu-Tangled":12xj7hri said:
Don't want a spare set of the forks do you?

I don't want to be flamed for upholding modern classic/ retroesque postings... ;)

Gus

Thanks for the offer Gus :) but I've got another set of Fox's on standby. I have too many forks!

Flame on! ;) ;) Nah.. :D

I seem to have arrived at the state of having three and a half sets of SIDs, so the Floats need to go. If you know anyone...

Nice Frame. Is it a 'zingy' ti frame or a harsh one? They look quite stiff to be honest, big tubes etc.

The XLM is really harsh, like a ti pace basically. But oh so light, what makes up for it.

:roll:

stevek":1ostwy37 said:

:idea: :) , good idea...........................GOTM, yup - garden of the month :idea:

Oh, nice ride ;)

Wu-Tangled":3o8zghrk said:
I seem to have arrived at the state of having three and a half sets of SIDs, so the Floats need to go. If you know anyone...

Nice Frame. Is it a 'zingy' ti frame or a harsh one? They look quite stiff to be honest, big tubes etc.

The XLM is really harsh, like a ti pace basically. But oh so light, what makes up for it.

:roll:

Hmm.. I guess "Stiff" is the word I'd use.

Now the Marin Team Ti I used to have was a zingy frame, boy I loved riding that. When I took it out for the first time I kept looking down at the back wheel to see if my tyre was deflating! Before anyone says it, no... there wasn't a crack in the frame! :) My friend still rides it to this day.

retrobikeguy":26516rwn said:
stevek":26516rwn said:

:idea: :) , good idea...........................GOTM, yup - garden of the month :idea:

Oh, nice ride ;)

Garden of the Month? Grrrr! ;)

Back