Kona Explosif

Jonnyboy

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
I got this as a frame & fork at the back end of 2008, its been a bit of a long term project.
The frame & forks was advertised on here & after telling the guy i wanted it & asking him for payment details it turns out he lives about a mile away from my house ........... small world.
Ive been collecting bits for it since then & finally got it all together last week.
The paint finish on the frame is original & comes complete with all the battle scars its collected over the years but i repainted the fork as it was well past its best.

Parts rundown ....

Kona Explosif F&F .. original finish
M900 hubs
M900 Cranks
M900 front & rear mech's
M900 brakes & levers
USE bars
Syncros seat post
Campagnolo pedals
Onza headset
Richey tyres
Rocket Science stem.

Hope you all like it & im looking forward to this summers rides :D

100_0016.jpg

100_0019.jpg

100_0020.jpg

100_0022.jpg

100_0026.jpg

100_0027.jpg

100_0028.jpg

100_0031.jpg

100_0032.jpg

100_0033.jpg

100_0035.jpg

100_0036.jpg

100_0038.jpg

100_0040.jpg

100_0041.jpg

Delicious :cool: , but not enough purple bits. Maybe a couple more purple ends caps on the brake cables.

Use it :D

Nice an amazingly not flashy looking build, even with the purple bits there.
Something I like about M900 set, it's quite understated, not flashy or stands out, but just look nice.

Not the best weather to test it in, but how are you finding it, nippy ?

---
technical for me
- I would run the rear straddle cable much much lower than that, the short lower profile of the M900 rears means the straddle does run close to the tyre.
(I'd also run the front lower and further out on the pads, but that's just my preference)
RM-395 Rim on the front, can't quite make it out, if so or similar, go find the nearest gritty mud.. shouldn't be to hard looking at the gritted roads and get the pads worn down, can be tricky to get the best angle on them as they angle inwards to the top, let alone the concave surface.

really needs an M900 cassette on there to finish it off ;)

front mech could run a few mm lower but getting picky now..
and bottom ring is out by a rotation, that certain to loose it BotM :shock:

--

Very nice. Everything authentic, just enhanced, and one of the most tasteful and restrained uses of purple I've seen. Looks good against the snow too.

I believe it's a 1991 size 18 (i.e., 18.75)

Thank you all for the positive comments & fluffy for your good advice about the rings etc, hadnt noticed that :oops: .
Im pretty new to this & am more used to building BMX's
Ive still got lots of adjustments to do to get it right, there's a frayed gear cable etc & yes i do have some more purple cable ends to put on :D
Also i have a pair of Campag rims to lace the hubs to so its not quite finished yet :cool:

Anthony":2z5h2f7s said:
Very nice. Everything authentic, just enhanced, and one of the most tasteful and restrained uses of purple I've seen. Looks good against the snow too.

I believe it's a 1991 size 18 (i.e., 18.75)

Hi Anthony, it is a 18 (it was you that pointed this out on the original for sale thread) the pics weren't too clear, so thank you :D

mmmmm yum yum

love the stem very cool and agree very nice use of colour and I thats saying something as I hate ano

Back