Yo Eddy, or my bike for a little green man

24pouces

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
The project is started.
But day after day, there's a lot of solution for it.
The year of the bike : 1991.
So I don't want to mount light anodized parts, but to keep the bad boy philosophy of the decal
:LOL:

So, first ideas…
dsc0014b.jpg

dsc0012n.jpg

RS1 or litespeed ?

sorry Big One Inch is the original fork on yo's

indeed Rody gave this info on fat cogs website as there where two types

"The Yo Eddy fork was a 1.125" bladed segmented crown fork that was standard issue on all Yo's until the introduction of the Fat Titanium, when the BOI (Big One Inch) fork was introduced (also coinciding with the release of the 10th as Colker pointed out).

The Big One Inch steel fork, utilizing 1.0" tubing, was then the standard rigid fork for all Yo's and TI's until the "need" for front suspension ceased production due to lagging numbers.

So...if your bike was produced prior to late 92 early 93, you would have a Yo fork...after that point in time, if you went rigid it was a BOI for you."

Very nice Pierre

A Yo in grello is an early one, unless it is repaint. Yo fork would be the right one, but personally I wouldn't have much against a BOI. A period correct suspension fork is kinda nice, but you will end up with a useless bike. That Litespeed fork, well hmm.. not my cup of tea. I would go for the additional investment in a FAT fork.

I have contacted Groovy Cyclework but they answered to me that they don't have enough time for making Fat Chance parts. They're too busy !
I think about them, because I thought they still built that Fat segmented fork.

So, I have these 2 fork in my garage. The titanium looks well with the neon apple green of the frame, and the fork has a segmented structure, like the Yo eddy fork. The RS1 is period OK, but, I'll want to ride the bike, and, if the fork seems to work fine actually, I don't know if after some rides, I'll don't have problems with it.

I personally think that it is not only the suspension function that matters or whether or not it is reliable, but also precision. My Yo has a Judy and already with the Judy I am a bit disappointed in the precision the fork delivers in the configuration with this frame. Preferences differ from person to person. Maybe best to try it out indeed. Maybe it works for you.

I agree for what you are writing about the precision. I usually don't love the feeling given by suspension fork. And the RS1 is far for being a stiff and precise fork !
But the other day, I have tried on another bike the first Answer-Manitou : It's like a steel fork, but without the precision :LOL: . I think the old RS1 is better than the manitou.
But, the main problem with the RS1 is the geometry given to the bike : The RS1 was higher( than the manitou), and I should have to screw the crown in a lower position. On other hand, the rake of the Fat Chance fork was very short, and give a very direct and precise direction ;)

Back