1994 Cannondale refurb

toppo

Devout Dirtbag
Bought this bike new in 94 from Evans Bikes but think may have been a 93 model in sales (was red originally).
It has seen many updates over the years from its original shimano LX group set(with thumbies ;) ) to suspension forks ,been stolen (and found 2 years later!).
Refurbed frame last year and decided to upgrade to a
new SLXgroupset /
XT headset/
controltech stem/ carbon 24" bars
Hope hubs /Mavic ceramic rims
XTR V brake set
Rides like new and so glad I did it ,should last another 16 or so years :D .
DSC00375.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

Very nice matey, why are so many Cannondales popping up at the moment i cant seem to get mine finished :LOL:

cannondale

Only posted due to seeing other dales on this forum.
Got a 95 Kein pulse comp too full xtr etc but the Dale is such a monster frame and forks look awesome too!

dale refurb

:D Thanks for your comments!
Was not sure how it would go down with "modern" bits on nice original frame/forks.I could have gone for refitting cantis and tidy up old groupset etc but have done all that before.
End of the day its not a museum piece and I enjoy using it as often as I can.

brilliant build, at a casual glance it doesn't really look like it's a mix of old & new at all - just looks right

Very nice,, the only thing I would change would be the stem fella, as it looks a little skinny for the frame ;) other than that, top job :)

Sithlord":2j4aqhma said:
Very nice,, the only thing I would change would be the stem fella, as it looks a little skinny for the frame ;) other than that, top job :)

Original stem and bars went after an argument with a bench on Aberdeen seafront :( also front wheel if memory serves.
1 1/4 stems not plentifull either so when I saw the control tech one (new old stock) I thought i,d give it a go.
Would have prefered a syncros and a bit shorter too .

Back