97 Rock Mountain Soul

kona kid

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
well, I've finally finished painting the Rocky Mountain - a bike for my misses as she wanted a titanium or steel bike like mine! it's not going to be totally retro, more based on bits I've got lying around (mostly 95-01 XT)

original paint was okay, apart from the fact that it was over rust...

anyway I've done a halfords best job with lacquer over the top, quite chuffed with the way it's come up - it's not perfectl;y smooth but the lacquer makes it shiney (thanks for those that suggested doing that)

anyway, just the built of it and my Kona to do - so what do you think?
(check my gallery for more pics)

Attachments

• bike 01.jpg
    bike 01.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 2,779
  • bike 21.jpg
    bike 21.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,779
Bermuda blue? anyway thanks for the kind comments - I think I'm more excited about it than she is... :LOL:

some pics of my Kona are now on my gallery, obviously it'll need to be finished & tested by next weekend!

finally finished the bike a few weeks ago and at last here's a photo of it (at Coed Y Brenin), build is mostly old-new XT (2001ish), but i'ts got an old manitou 5 fork, dart front and IRC mythos rear tyre plus the front wheel is a 93 LX-bonty - so a bit retro, a bit new ;)

quite chuffed, seems reasonably light and the misses likes it - suprising what you can do with bits left lying around the shed! all i bought (apart from the frame) was seatpost, rear wheel and shifters :D, quite like the toiga seatpost as it looks like a syncros one, so suitable for an RM

Attachments

• bike 23.jpg
    bike 23.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 2,589
Back