Diamond Back Axis TR 1994

T'boo Ted

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Sorry for the pics... I'm a bit crap with that sort of stuff.

Frame: 1994 Axis TR

Fork: Manitou EFC (originally a 3 which is sitting on the floor)

Headset: Tioga alchemy aheadset
Stem: tioga something or other
Handlebar: Bontrager Titec 140g
Grips: Answer
Barends: Onza

Brakes: Dia Compe 927?
Brake Pads: Ritchey Red
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano front, tri dangle rear i think
Brake Levers: XT

Shifters: XT
Front Derailleur: XT (original LX is in a box on a shelf, was replaced with XTR that promptly exploded)
Rear Derailleur: XT
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: XT 8 speed
Chain: Shimano... mostly i think
Cranks:LX
Crank Bolts:LX
Chainrings:LX with big ring Race Face
Chainring bolts: LX
Bottom Bracket: XT
Pedals: 636, origianlly came with Onza HO, but used 525's instead

Hub Skewers: LX
Rims: currenly Sun Ryno Lite
Hubs: Currently LX parralax
* the origninal wheels are also sitting in the shed, XT parrallax hub, but the bontranger rims wore out, so replaced with DT
Nipples: ?
Spokes:?
Tyres: Front: IRC mythos
Rear: Michilin Wildgripper Lite S
Tubes: Tioga

Saddle: Vetta SL Ti
Seatpost: Easton EA50 bent the origianl Aviner, and American classis...
Seatpost Binder: Aviner
Bottle Cage: Cateye

Weight: ?

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

there was until 2 months ago sadly... it had to go, combination of the impossible ness of having one in autralia (parts servicing etc), going off to university and not willing to fill up with bikes... oh well...

Owning a mid-80's Audi quattro...now THAT'S retro!! :p Sorry it had to go but I hope you at least have some good memories of it.

oh yes, it was my dream car, had it for 4 years (bit of a nightmare haha)... but if all things come together i'll have another in a few years...
every time i drove it, it was joy turned to... ok is somethign going to break... when was the next bit going to fail and then take 6 months to get fixed... the wrx i just don't care, had it 2 weeks accidently dropped my yeti off the roof, pedal guoged out the door... i'm like ooo poor yeti you ok, car like whatever... much better :LOL:

This is a neat find

I have this same bike. Bought it brand-new in 1994. Same color as yours except after about 6 years of riding my Manitou fork finally snapped. Replaced it with a (now also old) Rock Shox Judy 3 which I won at a race. My wife and I were talking about bikes last-night which made me think about how old the ol' Diamondback was.

Still ride it daily and it's in great shape! I have a habit of holding on to things like my 1995 Jeep Cherokee with 310k miles on it. They both still work; no reason to get rid of 'em!

Thanks for this post because my discussion last night left me trying to remember when I bought the bike.

Oh, the miles it's seen!!!

Oh yeah!

The f'ed up part: my Onza and Tioga stickers are in the same spot as yours. Did they come on it like that or did we somehow just know that's where they were supposed to be?!?!? I don't remember if I put them on there or it came that way. I guess I would have bought the bar-ends after-market from the bike. Weird?!?!

I'll get some pictures of mine and post them later.

^Sorry its a lovely blurry pic!

the stickers, well the onza ones came with the bike (not on), the tioga was a rub on i got from teh store 9along with a million manitou stickers...

the for on it isn't the original (the steerer is) the original manitou 3's are currentl;y attaced to my manitou... er or they are hanging on the wall, not sure which is which... but they will probably go back on as soon as i one day get around to gettng some new elastomers, or soemthing (have to get 4 sets I think). It did have a white judy Sl "air" on it for a while, but the 4in was tooooo long, so i made it 3in... then put it on my yeti where it promptly blew up and now hangs on the wall next to one of the M3's...

Sorry Ted :oops:

I meant I couldn't keep my eyes off the quattro in the background of first picture.

Nice car and nice bike :)

Back