Orange Vit T2 Project

JS1500

Senior Retro Guru
I wasn't sure whether to put this lot in 'Readers' Kit' or here, but it will be built soon enough so here it is.
The frame is going to get a rub down with Scotchbrite (as recommended by Gump - cheers dude) and fresh decals.
Any suggestions what colour decals I should go for?
The stem will be replaced by one with a bit of rise.
The bottom bracket and headset will be getting changed etc.
I'll keep this thread updated - more for my own amusement than anything else.

Frame: Orange Vit T2
Fork: Pace RC36 EVO
Headset: Chris King
Stem: Syncros Cattlehead
Handlebar: Answer Hyperlite
Bar Ends: Answer Hyperends
Grips: Onza Porcipaws
Brakes: XT V-Brake
Cantilever cable hangers:
Canti Bolts:
Brake Levers: XT M735 STI
Shifters: XT M735 STI
Front Derailleur: XT M737
Rear Derailleur: XTR M952
Cassette: Hope Titanium Prototype
Chain: Super Light KMC X9 Gold
Cranks: Middleburn RS-3(?)
Chainrings: Pace
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN72
Pedals: Shimano M535
Quick Releases: Hope / X-Lite
Rims: Mavic 217
Hubs: Hope Suspension / Hope Ti Glide
Tyres: Panaracer XC / Dart Magic
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Titanium Alpes
Seatpost: USE Ti
Cables: Shimano
Bolts: Mainly Alloy & Ti
Weight: :?:

RIMG0006.jpg

Which colour decals?
RIMG0007.jpg

There will be a smattering of purpleness (couldn't resist)
RIMG0009.jpg

Anyone got an 'S' for my 'York hire' sticker?
RIMG0011.jpg

Photos are a bit poor but i've got shaky hands after lastnight so they'll have to do. :LOL:

:D

gradeAfailure":3cfejd63 said:
I recognise those forks... ;)

:oops: You should! ;)

Nice bike in the making mate...
I'd pick off some more stickers from 'Yorkshire' to make ' ork hire'.

Orange decals me thinks, and here's why...
Purple bars, Vit T, RC36's... Lois Garneau sponsored Caroline Alexander. Check out MTBPro for details. Classy and retro. :cool:

Cheers dudes.

Yep, the RC36s look like they've really been looked after ;)
Were they yours at one point aswell GradeAFailure?

I was thinking orange for the decals too, problem with that is that Gil can't produce the same shade of orange - not as bright.
I'll try to get them from Orange but i've got a feeling they'll have discontinued them.

I've got some purple bolts etc on their way and I think my Hope Ultralight/Ambrosio purple snowflaked front wheel is going on too...
:cool:

Ideas on what kind of quill stem would suit this build will be gratefully accepted.

Syncros would be a nice stem. Or there is a Orange stalk on ebay a the mo. 1" 0 rise.
The forks were Grade A's, I got them as part payment for a bike. I wish I could keep them but I want the Pace rigid so...

Argos may be able to help, check out the decals on my Clockwork. Their stickers are made for them by a firm, but I can't remember their name.
www.argoscycles.com if I am passing I'll pop in and ask.

Cheers Pete.

I think i'll use the Syncros that i've just put on the Clockwork for this build, and keep the Clockwork a bit more original.
Or I could be convinced to buy yet another Syncros! :roll:

I feel a trip to the LBS for innertubes and cables on the horizon.

I've always loved the Vit T/T2, great looking bikes, can't wait for the full build buddy!!!

Cheers mate.

The frame is now stripped of decals and brushed - looking gooood.
Having trouble getting the BB out - may be a bikeshop job.
More bits on the way...

:D

Yup, the RC36s were mine - they came with a Privateer that I bought off eBay (and exchanged with Pete for the diddy Kona that my other half now rides) - though they were in a bit of a sorry state when I got them so I sent them to Pace who carried out a full service, replaced all the fasteners, and fitted a brand new steerer. I removed the main decals and cleaned the outer legs up as well.

Good to see them going onto yet another build! Hopefully they'll stay on this one... ;)

Orange still sell decals for a Prestige so would imagine they'd still do them for a Vit T. Drop them an email - they usually respond pretty quickly.

Back