circa 1990 Deore XT Donahue

fatandforty

Devout Dirtbag
Big thanks to every one who's helped so far with parts and advice. Heres my old Donahue in it's forth guise.

Orginally it was green and white, then in about 1995 I turned her all black then in 2001 I disasterously sprayed her red and ballsed it up completely plus bastardized it with RST shocks and a V brake upgrade!!! Never really had much time for her after that until my lad was old enough to take an interest in bikes, he now races BMX and this and finding this site inspired me to get retro.

So here she is in the beginning stages of restoration to not quite what she was but something similar. Lost the orginal forks and the old Mavic rims and XT hubs were a bit worn so they've been replaced. And a nice gloss white powder coat.

Crappy photos taken about ten minutes ago in the dark!!

P1060546-1.jpg

P1060549-1.jpg

Will probably be posting a wanted list in the near future as well but I'm desperately looking for a photo of Pauls old logos to get some new ones sorted. Any other Donohue owners able to help??

Back from time to time with updates.

Cheers

Mike

Kevin Winter the framebuilder [County Durham] may be able to help with Donahue Graphics as he did some work for Donahue at some point I think. Let us know and I can get his number for you

Makings of a cool resto

Thats already looking cool buddy!

Love the white paint and black Switchblades ;)

Are you going for black parts? Old m-730/m-732 XT was available in black. the hubs, chainset, brakes etc.

Back