Alpinestars AlMega "Project All-White"

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Picked this AlMega F+F up a few weeks ago, and finally got round to throwing a couple of wheels on, and getting some pics posted.

If you look elsewhere in this section, you'll se I'm doing a fairly stock Cro Mega DX project, well I've decided that this one's gonna be a bit more wild, and I'm going to work towards a theme of 'All White'.

I'll run it down the shot blaseter's this week, to strip the ghastly paint scheme off, and then go for a nice clean gloss white powder coat or wet-spray (can't decide which as of yet) and start to build the bike out from there.

Some Pics:

Retrobikes031.jpg

Retrobikes033.jpg

Retrobikes034.jpg

Steve

All white! Sounds like an interesting project! My old mate spitoon did a GT (sadly not as 'cool' as alpinestars) in all white. Here's a pic for you to give some inspiration, sadly he never got it finished before banning himself from the site:

rts_066_165.jpg

rts_050_161.jpg

So what groupset etc are you planning? If that front mech ever becomes surplus please let me know. I quite fancy doing an alpinestars in that black Deore LX.

Absolutely perfect inspiration Mark, cheers. Especially the Forks, that's the exact look I'm going to strive for (except for the wheels, and that seatpost!!) Haven't thought too much about the groupset, i'll probably just piece together a mish-mash when I see things I'm looking for.

I'll let you know if the front mech becomes available. And I'll try and not get myself banned, I'm loving it too much at the moment :D
Steve

I have a White to my friend Rodrigo

Attachments

• Imagen0020.jpg
    Imagen0020.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 5,664
  • Imagen0020.jpg
    Imagen0020.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 5,664
Wow, StarTREK that is cool

Do you want to sell it to me? please? I have the money waiting! :D

GT-Steve":2i98lo36 said:
Wow, StarTREK that is cool

Do you want to sell it to me? please? I have the money waiting! :D

Oh, sorry Steve, but the frame is not mine. I just paint the frame.
Cheers :D

GT-Steve":2bfkdwo9 said:
Ok. :cry: :oops:

Hopefully the owner reads this post and will be in touch?????? :)

I'm sorry, Steve, but this frame is not for sale. I love Alpinestars (only elevated chainstays, of course) I have three frames, one in black, one Ti-Mega (in process to restauration) and other in white...thanks, Luis!!

Attachments

• Alpines.jpg
    Alpines.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 5,611
Back