Bontrager Race project *Finished*

Well, this arrived today as a blank canvas.. It all starts here. The paint is in pretty good condition although i'm temped to repaint it if I can get my hand on some orginal decals.

bonty.JPG

Very nice Steve... :cool:

Apparently gil_m does rather good Bontrager decals - though I've heard you can actually still get them through Trek dealers if you have a frame number! - we'll be needing some for Laura's Race when it gets painted...

Looking forward to seeing this built!

Please make sure when you put the replacement decals on you put them on the right way round :)

Tope tube decal is the wrong way round

Would say the ones on the frame are already replacement ones, the Cream and Orange ones are from the "Trek" Privateers, should really be Silver and Black, or something similar

Let me know if you have no joy with Trek

gil_m":2ruj2gv2 said:
Please make sure when you put the replacement decals on you put them on the right way round :)

Tope tube decal is the wrong way round

Would say the ones on the frame are already replacement ones, the Cream and Orange ones are from the "Trek" Privateers, should really be Silver and Black, or something similar

Let me know if you have no joy with Trek

I love folks for an eye for detail. I've been looking at it for the last couple of hours trying to figure out why it did not look quite right and I was looking last night at old litriature that did'nt have that decal colour listed.
I'll let you know how I get on with Trek.

Back