P22 Team

4147077136_c0a2618bf1.jpg

I think Sithlord might be banging down your door....

Great find!

I'm lusting after a new Ritchey, maybe in the new year i will go hunting for a 'P'

Al. :D

I popped into my LBS to get some rim tape... I was admiring the owners Independent, and we got chatting about old bikes.
He happened to mention that he knew of a Ritchey that was for sale...
15 years ago, he worked in a bike shop in Fulham, and bought this bike off an American racer who had been in Europe for the summer, but needed cash for his air fare home. He then sold it to the guy I bought it off this morning.
I first heard about it 3 weeks ago, but didn't have a reply to my E-mail for a week and a half. It was still for sale, but the guy was abroad. I would have to wait another week or so before I could see it.
I'm amazed there was no other interest, or maybe there was but Phil was a decent bloke letting me have first refusal.
It needs stripping down to check for rust inside, and waxoiling. I'm just going to touch up the paint, cos it's going to be a regular(if not daily) rider, and get all the components tickety-boo.
The rear hub is off centre so that needs sorting. Maybe it's been put back together incorrectly, because it is 1/4" off to the right. It is the wheel and not the frame - I've checked with a known good wheel.
Even with a wonky wheel, it still gives a good account of itself.
A good find, I think! :D
It does pay to use your LBS!

cool!

Is there anyting else stamped into the bb shell?

Al.

Latest posts

Back