Dekerf Generation

Woody

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
Hello all , I'm new to the retrobike scene but i'm here to stay !! This is my first attempt at a retrobike build so i hope you all enjoy it! The frame and most of the parts have been bought off here so thanks to everyone who helped me out! ;)

Spec :

Dekerf Generation frame 1997 (i think)
Marzocchi Z2 Bam forks
XT v brakes
XT rear mech
XTR front mech NOS
Raceface turbine crankset with anodised green chainring bolts
XTR bottom bracket
XT 8 speed shifters
Paul love brake levers
Titanium handlebar with shim (maybe x-lite, not too sure)
Ringle zooka stem 120mm
Chris king headset in green
Thomson seatpost
Flite saddle
XTR cables
XT hubs on mavic 517 back , 217 front
Onza aggro tyres NOS
XTR pedals
Green grips

Attachments

• New1.jpg
    New1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 2,290
  • New2.jpg
    New2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 2,288
  • New3.jpg
    New3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 2,289
  • New9.jpg
    New9.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 2,289
That's a great frame and a nice build. I like the way you've picked up the de Kerf green with your green theme, although I have to say the grips are one green too many for me.

I've never seen a green Z2 before, was that done by de Kerf or did you have it painted and re-stickered?

And does it say on the frame what tubeset was used? I thought he used Ritchey WCS around that time, but I saw a frame believed to be a 97 Generation and the owner said it was Reynolds 725.

hi there.

you win this forum. we might as well shut up shop now, that's so lush.

I knew the grip colour would get mentioned !! ...wasn't too sure myself ! Just plain old black might look better ! ;) The forks came with the frame when i bought it off here , already green !

wow that is spanking, love the colour and the choice of components agree that black grips would be more balanced- nice work fella.

Back