1995 Kona AA - superwhite!!!!

nporternz

Gold Trader
Marin Fan
Feedback
View
I got this 1995 kona aa as a by product really - i wanted the middleburn cranks that were on it!!

I decided to take advantage of a friends spray room and do it polar white!! and then we thought it would be a great idea to try and build a bike with zero black parts on it!! This was thought up because black always seems to be the dominant colour on bikes and i wanted to see if it was even possible!! Since then it has become an obsession

this is the result - its not quite finished - have some ringle hubs to build up and some schwalbe tubes that have machined extensions in silver

I even had elite(nick) machine me up a silver use shim and gil replicated all the decals with no black on!! (even the p decals on the paul levers are now red!!)

the gold jockey wheel is meant to mirror the brass on the hope skewers and the pauls levers.

even the writing on the tyres isnt black. i'm not sold on the tyres - might go to grey psychos

thoughts???

Attachments

• 005_2.JPG
    005_2.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 2,348
  • IMG_0002_2.JPG
    IMG_0002_2.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 2,348
  • IMG_0001_2_2.JPG
    IMG_0001_2_2.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 2,349
can you make it 3 inches bigger and sell me it? It's gorgeous. I'm slowly removing black parts from my DBR, though I'm torn between silver rims with white tyres and the bike completely white and red, or totally black wheels on a white and red bike.

Looking good. Funny how a purchase like that turns into an obsession!

I like it!

The only thing I would say is that the stems too fat. I always find low profile stems look best on steel frames. find a stem that's in proportion to the frame tubes, maybe a silver Ringle?

mikesnowdon":v3alx17e said:
I like it!

The only thing I would say is that the stems too fat. I always find low profile stems look best on steel frames. find a stem that's in proportion to the frame tubes, maybe a silver Ringle?

low profile stems do look better on steel frames - but that is a machinetech zeroweld stem on an aluminium frame - and the stem is my favourite mountain biking item of all time!! ;)

Looks pretty nice :cool:

Interesting though, i'm just finishing off my white project and i went for black post and stem, but on reflection and seeing your bike maybe silver is better :?

Easy_Rider":1cs06h48 said:
Looks pretty nice :cool:

Interesting though, i'm just finishing off my white project and i went for black post and stem, but on reflection and seeing your bike maybe silver is better :?

I think black and white can be good together but the whole point of this was to see if we were able to build something that had no black on it at all!!

;)

Back