1994 Cannondale M500 project

MikeC

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
For those of you who were following my P7 build project you'll know that I am not a "completer finisher".

Well here is my next project and I hope to finish this one off ;) (at a fraction of the price of the P7 :shock: )

I have liked Cannondales ever since I started riding mountain bikes in the early 90s. I borrowed a mates Msomethingorother for a couple of weeks while my Marin was getting fixed and I was blown away by how stiff and fast it was. So much so that I carry that brand loyalty today and have a 2009 SuperSix road bike and a 2009 Scalpel....and my girlfriend has a F1 Feminine! (it helps that I can get new ones at reduced prices of course...anyone want one? :D )

Anyway, I have got hold of this frame. It isn't in the best condition but it isn't too bad. The plan is to build it up for way less than £200 to make sure I like it...then I might go a bit crazy with it...watch this space

PS - can anyone confirm that it's a 1994? I am 95% certain but not sure.

DSC00204.jpg

don't know why there's not more dale love on here.

THey were always so special bitd.

That's nice.

And they had such great graphics back then. Lovely typeface etc.

that is my old bike and the second dale i have sold and regretted.

pleased to see its going to get built. i bought it off ebay as a complete bike but nothing was useable so i sold the frame onto mikef350. I'll watch the build with interest

Colour is correct for 1994 M500 - Deep Indigo metallic to Cobalt Blue metallic fade, would have been STX RapidFire and LX rear mech.

Look on the BB shell, first two alpha letters will date it, i.e FA would be Jan 1994, FB February....blah blah blah

I'll keep an eye out on the roads near Kettering for this in a few months time ;)

:cool: looking forward to the build.

im after a dale for the wife.......had a soft spot for them ever since i bought a new m600 in 96......was crushed by a car with me on it sadly :cry:

mikee":1cu2gaw0 said:
whats your wife like ?
ive got a m300 i'd swap
Boom boom :roll: :LOL:

Hopefully loads of bits arriving next week but I couldn't resist a quick update shot. I'm trying to build it up as cost effectively as possible with a mix of bargain buys and stuff I've got lying about:

DSC00243.jpg

and stuff I've got lying about:

employing a part dug out from a spiders web covered man box.......most satisfying!! ;)

Back