DBR Axis Ti

KiwiJohn

Dirt Disciple
About a 95 model. Raced at the worlds in Cairns in 96. I swapped a Scalpel for it & a set of lights. Since added the 96 SL Judy's, brand new. Scored an 8spd XT drive train for next to nothing including the thumbies. Came with XT hubs & XTR V's, the post is a chromo Tioga & a gold Ringle cage. Monkeylites, ATACS & probably the Flite are the only bits made this century. Topped off with purple QR's, Avitar chainring bolts (also brand new) & purple Onza Porcipaws I'd been saving for the right bike.
Used for XC racing & rides in the summer, cleaned Myrtle Gully track on it yesterday for the first time. Fourth bike I've tried it on in the 5 years I've been here in Hobart.

Attachments

• IM000410.JPG
    IM000410.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 3,813
I know where there's one of these sitting in a bike shop. Completely untouched with a set of manitou 4's on the front and full XTR. Might have to call in tomorrow and see if the old boy has dropped the price of it.

i also seen an ad in boston/craigslist for a DBR ti bike up in maine. 18" --too big for me, they wanted $400.. good price?--just curious.

dh2zgk.jpg

After my first race win in about 06.
t0gqxh.jpg

How it's rolling now as my summer race bike.

Yeah, well. I should pay more attention to the race calendar. I'll also miss the 6 hour & 24 hour, unfortunately. I think it's been a year since I last raced, if you don't count bottles & chains "events"

I'd prefer the earlier black & white ones. If you know of any, let me know.
& I rode the DMR at the last BnC event, I have pictures of me riding around the bar... ;)

That's cool. :cool:
I'm biased but I think modern kit really suits these frames. ;)

The lack of a canti hanger on the frame means it's 96 at the earliest. Not sure tbh, I imagine Jango could tell you for certain. :?

Back