Bontrager Race Lite - NEW PHOTOS!

Fenton

Senior Retro Guru
Here are the first photos of my new Race Lite. I'm not sure what year it is, I was sold it as a 1995, but I'm not sure how to determine year with these. I'm nowhere near finished, I just put some parts from my stumpjumper on for a start.............

IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

Comments and advice welcome, I'm not totally sure where to go with this one, it will defo be a rider though, so nothing too bling! The Judy's are original by the way, with their bontrager crown..... I don't like the red with the orange of the frame though, I would love to get my hands o some Judy FSX and fit the lowers to the bonty crown and stanchions.

Here is a current spec. sheet items in green are staying, red are going! Red items will be replaced with the items in brackets, orange ones i'm not sure about!....... plans may change though and i'm open to suggestions and constructive criticism!

Frame: 95 Bontrager Race Lite
Fork: Rock Shox Judy FSX with Bontrager crown

Headset: Tange (Chris King)
Stem: Bontrager
Handlebar: Titec/Bontrager Titanium
Grips: Pedros Slimwalls

Brakes: Onza H.O.
Brake Pads: Real Designs CNC
Brake Cables: Deore XT
Cantilever cable hangers: Onza Chill Pills
Brake Levers: Deore XT

Shifters: Deore XT
Front Derailleur: Deore XT
Rear Derailleur: Deore XT
Derailleur Cables: Deore XT
Cassette: Deore XT
Chain: Deore XT
Cranks: Syncros Forged
Crank Bolts: Deore LX(Middleburn self extractors)
Chainrings: Deore LX (XT or similar)
Chainring bolts: Shimano(something ti or alu)
Bottom Bracket: Deore XT
Pedals: Specialized Direct Drive (not sure yet)

Hub Skewers: Bontrager ti
Rims: Bontrager Race Lite Ceramic
Hubs: Chris King/Bontrager
Tyres: Continental Premolar Kevlar
Tubes: Continental
Saddle: Specialized BG (probably Flite or WTB/Bontrager)
Seatpost: Control Tech
Seatpost Binder: Bontrager (Salsa flip off)

Weight: ????

Really nice buy there fella, and looking good already, looks like the stem is exactly the same after all ;) These ride great...you seriously won't want to part with it in a hurry! As far as the age is concerned around '95 sounds about right looking at the dropouts, seatstays and cable guides but I'm sure the bontrager anoraks will confirm. If the stem is original to the frame it should be dated as well on the quill...

WOW!that is very nice although i think it wouls suit me better and my 96 gt would suit you better what you reckon lol :D :LOL:

mikef350":2z3x856w said:
WOW!that is very nice although i think it wouls suit me better and my 96 gt would suit you better what you reckon lol :D :LOL:
nice try mike! Looks great as is fenton. I really like bonty paint schemes

if that were mine the only thing i would want to do is change the colour of the forks.

Thanks mate, the forks are first priority, everything else can wait til I find/can afford to change them. I may just get some standard Rock Shox decals for now, the red and orange does clash a bit though eh?!

Back