Klein Tri-Linear Fade

SF Klein

Senior Retro Guru
Had the bikes all together for the first time and decided to try my hand at being Ansel Adams in the living room. I haven't figured out how to arrange the bikes and get the right camera angle such that I could mirror the Orange/Pink/Purple of the Moonrise paint using the bikes. I was thinking put Koi (orange) first, then Moonrise in the middle, and then Burgundy/Blue (purple) but it didn't pan out as I envisioned it. One day I'll get them all to a scenic outdoor space and try again but for now, my living room will have to do.

Attachments

• TLF 1.jpg
    TLF 1.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 2,081
  • TLF 2.jpg
    TLF 2.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 2,081
  • TLF 3.jpg
    TLF 3.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 2,081
Funny thing = until I lined the bikes up like that, I never really noticed how much bigger the M950 shifter/brake pods are vs. the M900 ones. They look really big to me now. I have to say though that it's a toss up on performance between the 2 designs. If I had the M900 units with the optical displays, I think I'd probably prefer those overall since that's one feature of the M950 I tend to use a lot in the hills here & wish my M900 units had.

nice burgundy adroit!
isn´t 20" a bit tall for you? the 19" moonrise & koi seem to fit better if this is your actual saddle height.
just building up something very similar similar by myself...

cimg0007j.jpg

And if that's where you normally have your saddle isn't that size frame too small for you?

Or do you prefer the ejector seat look?

:)

Wow - if I had my saddle that high, I'd probably be asking "how's the air down there" everytime I rode. :D Seriously though, I'm guessing you have a 400mm post in there to keep it that high w/o risking any damage to the frame, no? Mine are all 330mm. And I'm thinking that will be a very nice build once you're finished. Any surprises in store for it?

I'm 5'8" which, according to Klein, is the tallest height for their 19" frame and the shortest height for their 20" so I guess that means I can use either without offending the Klein gods. ;) To me, the 19" 1997 Adroit definitely feels a bit more nimble and the 20" 1996 Adroit feels a bit more planted (and perhaps a bit big). Ideally, I could swap the shorter MC2 stem from the 1997 with the longer one from the 1996 and each would fit me that much better but, alas, there's no noodle carrier on the 1997 stem and the 1996 has canti's. :(

Keep us all posted on how your build progresses.

yes its not that easy to find MC2 bar/stem combos in the right size, especiallly with a noodle for the cantis...noodles on the bar/stem combos are more rare as on MC1 because they build more suspended forks in MC2...same for MC2 rigid forks...

thanks for your feedback to the adroit.
the fact is that i have pretty long legs :shock: i am just 1,81 m / 5,93 feet tall...the top tube of 21" kleins would be to long for me.
the seatpost is a 425mm tune post to sit safe in the frame.
the build will be based on xtr m900 with avid tri align cantis and chris king hubs. there are mixed few modernish parts (tires, m970 shifter and cassette) as it is gonna be a (good weather) rider...its gonna be pretty light, around 8,8 kg with 2,2" tires...will post pictures when finished....

Back