decal collection

spline72

Devout Dirtbag
Hi to all ,

I Dont know if this is something people are interested in or have chatted about before, but here goes.

I was thinking it would be prudent to try and get a collection of artwork for old and hard to find decals that are not yet applied to frames.

This being a retro forum most of our bikes are no longer being made and it is always nice to finish those lovley restorations with the correct period graphics.

I am not sure of the legality of doing this but i am having real trouble finding the correct decals for my frames.

If anyone has sources i am willing to recreate them as EPS's(a printable format) and upload them here if the site owners and administrators allow it , that way they are free for all to download and take to who ever they are getting to print their graphics.

Just a thought , if your interested let me know.

good idea , how though ?

i have some decals , that chris needs copies of , but have the applicator paper , and short of destroying them to replicate ttem ????

I help, if you will help me :)

Hi spline!

First please excuse my bad english. I'm quite often rebuild old bikes, so I have a nice collection of decals. Sometimes I keep them, sometimes I sale them; mostly to the UK.

Here is an example. Is that what you think?
http://www.shizzo.eu/kona_decals/

Also the others, please tell me what you think!

well we could start with adding any artwork that already exisits and then i use photoshop well along with other programs and i am willing to try and recreate them if they can be scanned and sent to me in a large enough format .

in regards to destroying decals that are precious i understand not wanting to do that.

maybe we could collectively pull together as a comunity to get artwork together we have had turned into dacals.

dont know the answers but i am willing to give it a go.

no worries.

i was not trying to con anyone out of their decals , dont get me wrong, but was just wondering would it be a worthwhile thing to start a database on here.

Then people can get decals reproduced without having to pay the silly prices that decals cost on ebay or worry about old stock decals not aplying properly when aplying them.

i am still ip for the idea, just guaging peoples thoughts.

Who would that person be?
and would they have decals for a dyna tech, ones for a 91.
i was going to recreate the artwork in freehand or photoshop and then get them vynil cut
If it is the case and the artwork is done then i want to have a chat to this person

or

is it a top gear , stig kind of thing and he is kept in a cupboard under the stairs!

please divulge the knowlege!

Latest posts

Back