Dynatech Diabolo

kd498

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Looks like my sister will be upgrading from aluminium to Ti mix.
Ebay, as ever. Took a gamble, no pic, brief description.
Been looking for something of the right size to justify having another build to do.
Won't be strictly period, but mostly retro. Paint and decals are a mess, probably take the frame back to the beginning ( see MT4 thread ). Looking at the pic, they don't look too bad, but up close, and from a different angle, things are ugly.

Diabolo.jpg

Ahhh, I wondered what had happened to that. I asked the seller for some pics but he couldn't provide them so I didn't bid.

Looks like it can be nice though, with a little TLC.

my dyna tech oddesy was listed as a 18" when it arrived i think it might of Shrunk in the post its now a 17" which might be a bit small

THWANG-666":351tpxom said:
my dyna tech oddesy was listed as a 18" when it arrived i think it might of Shrunk in the post its now a 17" which might be a bit small

Does that mean that you might be getting rid of it?

:)

theres a 19 inch diablo DX on ebay righ now

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Raleigh-Dyna-Tech ... dZViewItem

will also post it in ebay.

its starting at £90 for the complete bike.

was thinking i would go for it buy just shelled out on a load of campagnolo olympus for mine this weekend , all NOS! whooo! getting closer to building mine.

Attachments

• e18b_3.jpg
    e18b_3.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 3,212
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
chally3":2v5lnrm0 said:
i was looking at that, is it worthy of a retro status ?

Of course. The fact that Raleigh make bikes no more in this country, the fact that it was one of the nicest home grown frames (UK built, not just designed) avalible at one time, the fact that it is almost wholly original and the fact that it is from 1993.

If it was a Ogre XT or a MT4 Ti then it would be retro, just beacuse it is a MT3 frame and has DX does not make it any less worthy. I would hate to think that the retroness of a bike was judged by it's price tag.

I would be bidding if I had not just bought a Ti MT4 off KD498 today.

i would bid too but i just opened a letter from the bank telling me i am over my overdraft limt after spending money i didnt have on campagnolo components for my dyna-tech this weekend .DOH !

i had better get some invoicing done and get some more cash in!

On another note , i am in the process of artworking up some DYNA-TECH decals at the moment , i am halfway there and will post the artwork if somwhere or when i get some made up take orders for some from anyone interested.

they are going to be the 1991 versions which are nicer than the 1993.

They are the black keyline ones with no fill , they will match what is currently on my frame which is posted on here.

i will keep you posted.

Back