KHS Montana Summit

mike_eb

Retro Guru
My new cruiser hack, disassembled and almost single speeded once I true the wheels now. It is rough and will need a bit of a sand and rust killer on it.

Tange triple butted and running LX canti and u brake now.

the Exage kit is shortly to go on trade me.

This cost $7.50 nzd or 3.30 in poonds.

I hope to recoup the expenditure from selling the parts.

Apart from the frame the best thing in my opinion is the stem which has bottle holder bosses on it. The perfect place for a beer to sit on a summers day.

Attachments

• 109858855_full.jpg
    109858855_full.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 2,131
i assume that's the pic from the advert you bought ii from? please put up a recent pic with the saddle at a vaguely sensible height!

:D It is a tad higher now.

Will do though I've realised after dropping off a gate I built up to a friend that I do not have a true 26 inch wheel-set between my two sets left over. I am either going to have to learn to true wheels, drop them at the lbs or buy a decent set (which I'll do eventually any how).

Here 'tis, beer holder installed on the stem.

I am off to try get the line trimmer started and sort my lawn now.

Attachments

• 13-11-09_1048.JPG
    13-11-09_1048.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 2,063
Oh and despite the angle the seat is now level with the bars which seems to suit on the short rides to the park I've taken so far.

I will get another shot of it by the harbour at some stage with the cage being used as I intend.

In use,

Attachments

• 14-11-09_1603.jpg
    14-11-09_1603.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 2,002
  • 14-11-09_1604.jpg
    14-11-09_1604.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 2,002
:cool: looks about the same vintage as mines. I also had the stem but it was twisted :twisted: was quite a cool feature.

Not with the beer at that level anyway gets all frothed up and starts leaking out the top. Half full is fine mind...

If I can legally drive a car after 2 in one hour, i think one to augment a view found whilst cycling is a good thing :)

I would never advocate actual "drunken" cycling...

Back